ii. Dalek

The Doctor and Van Statten walking back into Van Statten's office and I jump off of my chair, going to hug the Doctor whilst sending Van Statten a glare. "You alright?" I whisper.

"I'm fine," he tells me, hugging me back. "Where's Rose?" he looks around the office but doesn't see her.

"She was in Adam's workshop last time I saw her," I tell the Doctor and he nods his head. "I had to leave her because I couldn't take Adam. Way too annoying, arrogant and a massive twat. Thinking he's smarter than me." I scoff and roll my eyes.

"Sit down, Galaxy," the Doctor tells me and I do as he says. "Calm down." I start to breathe in and out and I calm down.

*********

The Doctor brings up a video link by the Cage and my heart nearly stops. There was screaming, but what made me scared was that it was Rose screaming in the background.

"You've got to keep it in that cell!" the Doctor calls.

Rose comes over to whatever monitor was down there. "It's all my fault!" she cries.

"Get out of there right now, Rose," I tell her, gripping the Doctor's hand.

A guard comes over and pushes Rose out of the way impatiently.

"I've sealed the compartment," the guard informs us. "It can't get out, that lock's got a billion combinations."

"That Dalek's a genius," the Doctor scoffs from my side. "It can calculate a thousand billion combinations in one second flat."

Dalek? Why does that seem familiar? Why? I think to myself. I hiss as a sharp pain goes through my head and I grab it with my free hand. "Ow..." I whimper slightly.

"Galaxy? What's the matter?" the Doctor asks and I shake my head.

"My head," I tell him. I let go of the Doctor's hand and walk over to a chair and sit down, leaning my head on the desk.

*********

"Exterminate!" something scream. I turn my head and see a Dalek moving towards me. "The Protector has been spotted. Exterminate!" it screams again but this time, when it says 'Exterminate' there is a wave of daleks moving towards me.

*********

My eyes snap open and I turn my head to see the Doctor stood over me. Great. I fell on the floor. I sigh and start to sit up and the Doctor helps me. "You alright?" he asks and I nod my head. "Better than before. Why was I on the floor?" I ask and the Doctor sits me on the chair.

"You were shaking so I had to move you to the floor before you fell of the chair and hurt yourself" the Doctor tells me and I nod my head.

"Thanks," I mutter. "Wait, what's going on?"

"The Dalek absorbed the entire internet," the Doctor tells me and I look at him with wide eyes. "What? But that means the Dalek knows everything," I tell the Doctor. "And Rose is down there with it..." my heart clenches painfully.

"I'll get her out," the Doctor tells me firmly, squeezing my hand.

"Sir, the cameras in the vault have gone down," Goddard shakes her head.

"We've only got emergency power, it's eaten everything else," the Doctor retorts. "You've got to kill it now!"

"All guards to converge in the Metaltron Cage, immediately," Goddard calls into her comm.

"Who the hell came up with that name?" I ask the Doctor.

"Van Statten," he whispers.

"Cover the north wall," a guard over the comm draws my attention back to the situation at hand. "Red division, maintain suppressing fire along the perimeter! Blue division, hold-" his orders are cut off by the sound of a laser and gunfire.