iii. The Doctor Dances

Rose is now on the wheelchair and is moving around on the back wheels. The Doctor is now quiet and is using the sonic on the window. I'm sat on the chair the Doctor was sat in earlier, resting my head. "What are you doing?" Rose asks the Doctor. I tilt my head forwards to look at the Doctor.

"Trying to set up a resonation pattern in the concrete; loosen the bars," he replies.

"You don't think he's coming back, do you?" I ask the Doctor.

"Wouldn't bet my life," he says, scoffing.

"Why don't you trust him?" Rose asks curiously.

"Why do you?" he shoots right back. I shake my head and tilt my head forwards, leaning forwards. "Saved mine and Lexy's life. Bloke-wise, that's up there with flossing," she smirks. "... I trust him cause he's like you, except with dating and dancing," she shrugs and the Doctor sends her a look but I don't see. "What?"

"You just assume I'm..." he trails off looking at me and I notice this and I look at the Doctor confused but he turns back to the window, making me frown at the Doctor.

"What?" Rose asks him.

"You just assume that I don't... dance..." he murmurs and my eyes widen. Wait, he's saying that he can dance?

"What? Are you telling us you do dance?" I ask the Doctor.

"Nine hundred years old, me! I've been around a bit," he scoffs. "I think you can assume that at some point I've danced..." he grumbles.

Rose covers up her mouth to stop herself from laughing. "You?!"

"Problem?" he asks.

Rose looks at me and then back at the Doctor, smiling. "Doesn't the universe implode or something if you dance?" she asks.

"Well, I've got the moves, but I wouldn't want to boast," he replies, making my eyes widen and I bite the back of my hand to stop myself from laughing. Rose gets up, walking over to the radio. "You've got the moves?" she asks and I frown. "Show us your moves," she grins, turning up the volume and my eyes widen further.

The Doctor turns to Rose with a frown and then he looks at me and I shake my head. "Rose, I'm... I'm trying to resonate concrete," he says, shaking his head.

"Jack'll be back," Rose rolls her eyes and goes over to the Doctor, holding her hand out to him. "So, come on, the world doesn't end cause the Doctor dances," she teases and he just stares at her with a raised eyebrow. I shake my head again, lowering my head, resting them in my hands. "Barrage balloon?" the Doctor asks.

"What?" Rose questions.

"You were hanging from a barrage balloon. You both were," he reminds us.

"Yeah," Rose says, nodding her head. "About two minutes after you left us, thousands of feet above London, middle of a German air-raid, Union Flag all over my chest," she smiles.

"I've travelled with a lot of people, but you're setting new records for jeopardy-friendly," he teases, making me laugh, shaking my head.

"Is this you dancing? Cause I've got notes," Rose says.

"Hanging from a rope. Thousands of feet above London. Not a cut, not a bruise," the Doctor says to Rose before I hear footsteps and the Doctor grabs my hands and my head falls forwards and then I look up at the Doctor and glare at him. "Same thing for you," he tells me.

"Yeah, I know," Rose smiles, holding her hands up to look at them. "Captain Jack fixed me up!"

"Oh, we're calling him Captain Jack now, are we?" the Doctor rolls his eyes.