iii. Galaxy & Rose

"GALAXY!" screams Rose. I grab onto my ears with my hands and look at Rose.

"Shut up!" I yell. Rose hugs me and I hug her back. "How long was I out?" I ask.

"About five minutes. Why?" she asks. I shake my head and stand up but I look at the floor to look for the photo.

"Where is it?" I ask.

"Where's what?" asks Rose.

"Looking for this?" The Doctor asks. I look at the Doctor and see him holding the photo I got from Clive. I got to get it back but he holds it up in the air. "Where did you get this?" he asks.

"No where, now give it back," I say.

"Not until you tell me where you got it from," he says.

"Fine. Rose and I went to see a man because she wanted to know more about you. I found this picture in the folder in my bag," I say. The Doctor goes over to my bag and gets out the folder that I got from Clive.

"I'm taking this. Tell no one about the photo or the folder and don't expect to get it back," he says. I sigh and stand up at the same time and then Rose grabs onto my hand. I see the Doctor put the picture into his pocket and then he walks over to the door and goes out.

"You can't go out there. It's not safe!" yells Rose. We both run after him but stop at the door.

"I lost the signal. I got close," says the Doctor. We both walk out and I shut the door.

"We've moved. Does it fly?" I ask.

"It disappears there and reappears here," says the Doctor.

"But if we're... somewhere else, that headless thing's still on the loose," says Rose.

"Melted with the head. Are you two gonna witter on all night?" he asks.

"We'll have to tell his mother," I say.

"Mickey. We'll have to tell his mother he's dead, and you just forgot about him. Again!" exclaims Rose.

"You were right. You are an alien."

"Look, if I did forget some kid called Mickey," he says.

"He's not a kid!" I exclaim.

"It's because I'm trying to save every stupid ape blundering about on top of this planet, all right?" he asks.

"All right," says Rose.

"You're not one of those stupid apes. I grab onto my head." a voice whispers in my head. "Get out of my head!" I exclaim. Rose grabs onto me to try and soothe me.

"Yes, it is," says the Doctor.

"If you are an alien, why do you sound like you're from the north?" asks Rose.

"Every planet does have a north, Rose," I say. The Doctor looks away from us.

"What's a police public call box?" asks Rose.

"It's a telephone box, from the 1950s," I say. The Doctor looks at me confused again. "I read a lot of books because I like books."

"It's a disguise," says the Doctor.

"Okay. And, this, this living plastic, what's it got against us?" asks Rose.

"Nothing. It loves you. You got a good planet, lots of smoke and oil," he says. "Plenty of toxins and dioxins, perfect. Just what the Nestene Consciousness needs. Its food stock was destroyed in the war, its protein planets rotted. So. Earth. Dinner."

"Any way of stopping it?" I ask.

"Antiplastic," he says whilst talking out a tube of blue liquid.

"Antiplastic?" asks Rose.