ii. The Doctor Dances

Previously:

Rose and I scream, the Doctor squeezes my hand when there's a loud crack from the wall. Jamie had punched through a cement wall and there is large splintering out from where his fist had made contact. "Doctor!" we both shout.

"Come on!" the Doctor yells, gripping onto my hand tighter and grabbing Rose's hand before pulling us down the corridor.

Now:

The four of us run down the corridor before skidding to a stop when we almost run into more patients bursting from the other wards. They are all calling 'mummy' and shuffling towards us. The four of us run back where we came from to find gas-masked zombies coming from the other direction as well. I jump, gripping onto the Doctor's hand tighter when Jamie hits the wall again. "He's keeping us here so he can get at us," I groan.

Jack takes out his blaster and points it in either direction. "Oh, how I wish you let me free and I could have my blasters and shoot them all" the locket thinks into my head but I shake my head. "Oh, not now," I whisper to myself. "Why do you always talk to me at the worst possible time?"

"It's controlling them?" Jack asks.

"He is them," I correct.

"He's every living thing in this hospital," the Doctor nods, looking for a way out.

"Ok," Jack aims in one direction, the Doctor facing the other so that they are shielding me and Rose. "This can function as a sonic blaster, a sonic cannon and a triple-enforced sonic disruptor," he fires off quickly. "Doc, what you got?"

"Don't you dare," the Doctor says, giving me a glare when I laugh and I send him an innocent smile. "I've got a sonic, um..." he trails off as he pulls the sonic out and looks at it. "Oh, never mind," he shakes his head.

"What?"

"It's sonic, ok? Let's leave it at that," the Doctor waves off, aiming his sonic at the patients and Rose and I share a look, both rolling our eyes.

"Disrupter? Cannon? What?"

"It's sonic! Totally sonic! I am sonic-ed up!"

"A sonic what!?"

"Oh, honestly," I say, rolling my eyes at the Doctor. "It's a screwdriver!"

Jack spins around to stare at the Doctor just as Jamie breaks through the wall and starts to climb through. Rose grabs a hold of Jack's wrist and makes him aim the blaster at the floor. "Going down!" she yells, blasting the floor but just before we fall through, I notice the same mark on Jamie's hand that the rest of the patients have but as soon as I fall through the hole, I scream, hitting my wrist hard when we land. Jack scrambles to sit up and activates the digital rewind on his blaster, closing the hole in the now ceiling. "Galaxy? Doctor? Are you ok?" Rose asks, sitting up.

"Yeah, are you?" I call, wincing as I move myself with my hurt wrist. "Doctor?"

""I'm good," Rose breathes out.

"Jack?"

"Good, thanks!"

"Could've used a warning..." the Doctor grumbles.

"Oh, the gratitude," Rose huffs.

I whimper slightly as I try and sit myself up using my hands but I immediately fall backwards to lay down on the floor again and I someone grab my hand and I turn my head to see the Doctor holding it. "Let me see," he says.

"I'm fine," I wave off, letting the Doctor pull me up from the floor.

"Who has a sonic screwdriver?" Jack asks.