iii. Aliens of London

Waking up to quietness wasn't the best thing ever because the apartment being quiet isn't a good sign so getting out of bed and heading towards my door before I stop, looking at my vanity and noticing a strange ring on the corner of the vanity with a note next to it. I pick up the note and ring and look at it confused. Reading over the note, I start to get even more confused. R.S. Who is it? When did she get into my room? Placing the ring onto my right hand, I notice a woman walking past my window, looking at me as she looks at me. Running over to the window to see if I can see who the woman was but I can't see her anymore but I remember her big, blonde hair. I run out of my room but stop as when I see Mickey Mouse. "Mouse?" I squeak. My head flying down to look at the floor. "Someone owes Mickey an apology," Ru puts in.

"I'm sorry," Rose says, looking at him in pity.

"I'm so sorry, Mouse," I tell him looking at the floor trying to avoid Mickey's gaze at me.

"Not you," Ru tells us, looking up, I look at her in confusion but when I see her look at mum I start to roll my eyes. "It's not my fault. Be fair, what was I supposed to think?" mum asks, trying to defend herself.

*********

In the kitchen, Rose and I are leaning against the worktop and mum is sat in the chair by the door whilst Mickey has a go at us. "You disappear, who do they turn to? Your best friend and your boyfriend! Five times i've been taken in to questioning! Five!" he exclaims pacing the kitchen. I look at him in sorrow and apologetically. "No evidence, of course. There couldn't be, could there! And then I get her, your mother!" he points at mum who rolls her eyes, folding her eyes. "Whispering round the estate, pointing the finger, stuff through my letter-box, and all because of you two!" I decide to keep quiet because it would be the best thing to do in this situation. "We didn't think we'd be gone so long," Rose explains quietly.

"And I waited for you, Rose! Twelve months," Mouse;s voice cracks. "Waiting for you, Galaxy and the Doctor to come back!"

"Hold on," mum cuts in sharply. "You knew about the Doctor? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Yeah, yeah, why not, Rose?" Mouse raises his eyebrows, shutting the serving hatch and the door. "Huh, Galaxy? How could I tell her where you went?"

"Tell me now!" mum demands.

"I might as well, cause you're stuck here!" Mouse smiles, making me frown. "The Doctor's gone. Just now, that box thing just faded away."

"What do you mean?" Rose asks while I just stare at him, felling my heart's being ripped out. "He's left you! Some boyfriend he turned out to be!" Moues taunts Rose with a mean grin.

"Don't be daft, Mickey, he's Galaxy's boyfriend," Rose rolls her eyes.

"Galaxy hasn't ever had a boyfriend, Rose," Mouse scoffs.

"Shut the hell up, both of you!" I snap, running out of the kitchen, running into my room grabbing my bag and then running out of the flat.

*********

I skid to a stop outside of the estate where the TARDIS was. Emphasising the word was. Where did he go? Why did he lie and say he was going off on a wander? "He wouldn't just leave, he promised," Rose shakes her head beside me.

"Oh, he's dumped you both!" Mouse grins, his hands on his hips. "Sailed off into space! How does it feel, huh? Now you are left behind with the rest of us Earthlings!"

"But he would have said," Rose argues, glaring at Mickey.

"What are you two chimps going on about?" mum asks, coming up to us. "What's going on? What's this Doctor done now?"