Getting to know you

The Doctor's P.O.V:

I sit in the console room on the captain's seat, looking through the box full of the Protector's things. I pull out her twin guns and sonic. I mean, I never did condone of guns but The Protector had the exception because she was my wife and she protected me. I feel a tear run down my face and I wipe it away. I hear someone walk into the console room so I look up at see Galaxy walking towards me. "Morning," the mumbles, rubbing her eyes. She's wearing a pink jumper with a white collared t-shirt underneath it. Blue denim jeans and a pair of white trainers. "Doctor? What wrong?" she asks me, coming over and sitting down beside me.

"It's nothing," I tell her, trying my best not to snap at her.

"Doctor?" she asks me again, grabbing the guns and sonic out of my hand and put them into the box that's in between us. "What's wrong, Doctor? You can tell me?"

"I lost everyone in that War. Everyone, including my wife. This was everything that was on the ship that I have left of her," I tell her and she nods her head.

"I know. I've seen it. I've seen parts of the war. I've seen what the Daleks did to your people," she tells me, a tear rolling down her face. I see her shake her head, reaching to her necklace and stroking her thumb over it.

"Why do you do that?" I ask her and she looks up at me confused.

"Do what?" she asks me confused.

"Stroke your necklace right after you shake your head?" I ask her.

"Oh, um... I don't know. I've just been doing it for so long, I guess that it's become a habit. Or I just do it without knowing," she tells me and I nod my head.

"So, why were you looking at all of your dead wife's stuff?"

"I don't know. Guess it helps me keep her memory alive," I tell her and she nods her head.

"I've seen her," she tells me and I look up at her.

"What?" I ask confused.

"I've seen her. In my dreams. I keep having dreams that I'm this woman that is always with you. I just woke up from a dream of me being her with my favourite incarnation of you. The fourth regeneration," she tells me and I smile at her.

"Why's that?" she asks me and she shakes her head at me, laughing slightly.

"Seriously? Multicoloured scarf. K9. Sarah-Jane Smith. My favourite companion out of all of them. But seriously? Your fashion sense was horrendous back then. Your fashion sense didn't actually get better until this one when you regenerated," she laughs at me and I roll my eyes at her.

"Ah, that scarf was my favourite," I tell her and she shakes her head.

"What did happen to Sarah-Jane? I visited her in January before you came and blew up Rose's job," she tells me and I smile at her.

"Well, I dropped her off. I couldn't make her live the rest of her life on the TARDIS whilst I watch her die. When you went to see her, how was she?" I ask Galaxy and she nods her head. "Good. She's got a job. Reporter so she's out on the field, investigating," she tells me doing a spooky move and I laugh.

"Well, that's good. At least she's getting on with her life. You remind me of her, my wife and Sarah-Jane," I tell her and she looks at me with a weak smile.

"Ok. Well, you had better put them things away and track whatever's making that beeping noise otherwise I'm going to go mad. I'm going to wake up Rose," she tells me before she walks out of the console room and I put the box back under the console, getting up and going over to the screen.