i. Aliens of London

Walking out of the TARDIS with Rose putting my bag on my back, looking around. Everything is the same. "How long have we been gone?" asks Rose.

"About twelve hours," he tells us. I look at him and the TARDIS and smile. Rose starts to laugh and I join in. "Oh...! Right, we don't be gone long," she assures him.

"We're just gonna pop in, see mum and then we'll be ready to leave again," I smile at him as we walk off. "What're you going to tell her?" the Doctor asks curiously. Rose and I turn around and stop quickly. "We don't know," she laughs. 

"We've been to the year five billion and only been gone, what? Twelve hours?" I ask the Doctor smiling. "No, I'll just tell her I spent the night at Shereen's," Rose tells him. 

"I'll tell her I crashed at Mickey's for the night," I tell him before Rose and I start to walk off again. "See you later," I beam at him, Rose dragging me along. I turn back around and look at the Doctor, pointing at him. "Don't you disappear," I tell him, sternly. I turn back to Rose and pull my arm out of her grip. "No need to drag me, Rose," I tell her. "I can walk by myself." She rolls her eyes and I laugh slightly.

*********

"We're back!" Rose yells whilst we walk through the flat door. I shut the door quietly, trying not to make it slam like Rose normally does. "I was with Shareen, she was all upset again and Galaxy crashed at Mickey's."

"Are you in?" I ask, yelling. I walk over to Rose and see mum in her dressing gown, holding a cup of tea with a shocked expression. Strange. "What's been goin' on? How've you been?" Rose asks. My smile drops when I see mum's face pale. "What's that face for? It's not the first time we've stayed out all night." Mum drops her cup of tea, making the cup smash and the tea spilling on the floor which makes us jump. "It's you," mum tells us shocked.

"Course it's us," I tell her.

"Oh, my god. It's you, oh, my god," she says a little louder. "My girls." Mum rushes forwards and throws her arms around Rose and I. "Mum, what's-" I stop when I see fliers covering the table with 'Have you seen Rose and Galaxy Tyler?' on them and a photo of Rose and me, smiling with our arms around each other. The three of us jump when the front door slams open and I look and see the Doctor running in. "It's not twelve hours," he pants. I look at him in shock. "It's um... twelve months; you've been gone a whole year," he smiles sheepishly, breathing out a laugh. "Sorry..." he rubs the back of his neck.

*********

Mum had completely lost it after the Doctor had come in. She is shouting, demanding an answer as to where we've been for the past year and who the hell the Doctor is. How are you supposed to answer? 'Oh, don't worry, mum, this is just an alien with two hearts and a time machine that we've been travelling with! We've actually only been gone a couple of days even though for you, it's been an entire year!' Yeah, that'd go over brilliantly. So, not getting an answer other than travelling for either of us, mum phoned the police.

Rose and I are sitting on the armchair, me on the arm and the Doctor is leaning on the behind us, trying not to get in the way of mum's ranting. I flinch as mum is having a go at us. Rose sinks down into the armchair, biting her thumbnail. "The hours I've sat here!" mum shouts, pacing around in front of us while the policeman takes notes in his little book. "Days and weeks and months all on my own! I thought the both of you were dead! And where were you? Travelling! What the hell does that mean? Travelling? That's no sort of answer!" she glares and then turns to the officer. "You ask 'em! They won't tell me! That's all they say: travelling!"

"That's what we were doing..." I try to tell her.

"When your passports are still in the drawer!" mum scoffs, folding her arms. "Actually..." I say opening my bag and reaching in and grabbing mine from my bag. "I've got mine right here." Mum rolls her eyes. "It's just one life after another! And don't think you've still got work, Galaxy. They think that you're dead. They've been looking everywhere for you! Going off with a man and dragging your little sister with you. How could you be so irresponsible!?" she lays into me and I look down, tears welling up my eyes. "I'm s-sorry," I whisper, grabbing my bag, getting up and walking to my bedroom, slamming the door and getting my TARDIS blue journal from my bag and laying on my bed, crying. I close my eyes, turn my head over to my bookshelf and listen to the conversation coming from the living room. "We meant to phone, we did! We just... forgot..." she falters slightly. "What, for a year?" mum demands. "You forgot for a year and I'm left sitting here? I expect it from Galaxy but not you. Why won't you tell me where you've been?"

"Actually, it's my fault," the Doctor butts in. Great! Just what I want! The Doctor putting his input in. "I sort of um, employed the girls as my companions," he goes on.

"When you say 'companion', is this a... sexual relationship?" the officer asks. "No!" yells Rose and the Doctor at the same time but I stay quiet. "Then, what is it?" mum asks. "Because you, you waltz in here all charms and smiles and the next thing I know, they vanish off the face of the Earth! How old are you, then? Forty? Forty-five? What, you find one on the internet? Find out there's two of 'em? Think you hit the lottery with that, did you? Did you go online and pretend you're a doctor?" she snarls.

"I am a doctor," he tries.

"Prove it! Stich this, mate!" mum yells. The next thing I hear is a loud smack sound from the living room. My eyes open immediately and I sit up, looking at my door, but I stop listening to the conversation after that because I'm more focused on what's not on my bookshelf. All of my TARDIS blue journals. I look under my bed, on my vanity, in my drawers but they're not there. I storm out of my room and over to mum. "Where are they?" I snarl at her. Mum turns her head and looks at me in confusion. "Oh, don't give me that look. My journals. Where are they?" I ask.

"Threw them away but gave one or two to your work," she tells me but I stare at her. "You know how much they mean to me. I've had them since I was nine. They help me with my dreams. You don't get to decide if you should throw them away. And giving them to my work! That's even worse. Do you know what they could do with all of the information from my books? No, don't answer my question. I'm going out!" I exclaim, grabbing my bag, jacket and walking out of the house, slamming the door. Not actually caring about it at the moment.