ii. World War III

The Doctor is moving the bodies of the Prime Minister and Indra into the cupboard. "What was his name?" the Doctor asks.

"Who?" Harriet asks the Doctor going through the red briefcase.

"This one. Ther, er, secretary, or whatever he was called," the Doctor says. Harriet gets up from her chair and walks over to the cupboard the Doctor is in. "I don't know. I talked to him. I brought him a cup of coffee," says Harriet walking back to her seat. "I never asked his name."

"His name was Indra Ganesh. I saw it on his ID card earlier," I pipe up looking at the Doctor and he looks at me concerned then back at Indra sadly. "Sorry, Indra," the Doctor says, putting Indra's hand on his chest. "Right," the Doctor says, hopping up from the floor and walking out. "What have we got? Any terminals? Anything?"

"No, this place in antique," Rose says.

"When they killed the Prime Minister, why didn't they use his as a disguise?" I ask the Doctor, walking over to them slowly. "He's too slim," the Doctor states plainly. "They're big old beasts. They need to fit inside of big humans."

"But the Slitheen are about eight feet... how do they squeeze inside?" Rose asks.

"That device around their necks, compression field. It literally shrinks them down a bit," I tell them, leaning on the table in pain. "That's why there's all that gas... it's a big exchange."

"Wish I had a compression field," Rose cuts in. "I could fit a size smaller," she finishes, leaning on the chair next to me. "Excuse me. People are dead. Now is not the time for making jokes!" Harriet exclaims.

"Sorry," Rose apologises. "You get used to this stuff when you're friends with him," she accuses the Doctor teasingly, narrowing her eyes and he scoffs, rolling his eyes and I laugh but stop and grab onto my stomach. "Ow," I mutter quietly but I think the Doctor and Rose heard because they both turn to me and we miss Harriet's comment because Rose speaks over her. "Are you sure you're alright, Galaxy?" the Doctor asks and I shake my head. "My stomach hurts badly," I tell them and Rose pulls a chair out and makes me sit down. "Rest. You shouldn't actually be up from the stunt you pulled not even 24 hours ago," the Doctor tells me and I nod my head, turning the chair around and looking at Harriet and Rose joins the Doctor. "What happened not even 24 hours ago?" Harriet asks looking at me.

"I have this habit of when my energy level is low, my heart rate slows down so I'm nearly dying but I have pills to take for it but it has side effects. Like headaches, stomach pains, joint pain and lots of other things and I mainly get the stomach pains. I'll be fine. Hopefully," I tell her and she nods her head.

"Harriet Jones, I've heard that name before... Harriet Jones," the Doctor muses with a slight frown. "You're not famous for anything, are you?" he asks.

"Huh! Hardly," she scoffs.

"Rings a bell, Harriet Jones..." he murmurs, looking deep in thought before he shakes his head and starts the sonic the room. "Lifelong backbencher, I'm afraid," Harriet continues. "The protocols are redundant; they list the people who can help and they're all dead downstairs," she shakes her head.

"Hasn't it got like, defence codes and things?" Rose asks. "Can we just launch a nuclear bomb at 'em?"

"You're a very violent young woman..." Harriet stares at her.

"You think she's violent? You should see me when I'm at work. I always think about ways to kill someone. I even have a list in my journals of all the ways to kill different types of aliens..." I trail off before remembering. "Well, I did before mum gave them to UNIT. Fuck!" I exclaim. I see the Doctor turn around and look at me. "What? What is it?" he asks me.

"Two things actually. One, I know where the Slitheen is from but I can't remember the planet. It's on the tip of my tongue. And two, I might have, accidentally, put a sticky note in one of my journals of ways to kill a Timelord. But, it might be one of the journals mum threw away," I told him and he looks at me in shock. "Why would you do that?" he asks me.

"I'm sorry but I was nine. What was I supposed to think? In a nine-year-olds mind, you could have been a dangerous man and you showed up in every dream I had, so what exactly was I supposed to think?" I ask him but he rolls his eyes at me so I stick my tongue out at him.

"What exactly is their relationship exactly?" Harriet asks Rose quietly. "Galaxy likes the Doctor but won't admit it to him. I think he likes her but I'm not sure. They flirt all the time. This is normal," Rose whispers to Harriet quietly but I hear.

"Anyways, what about any codes?" I ask Harriet, bringing her attention back to me.

"Well, there's nothing like that in here," Harriet shakes her head. "Nuclear strikes do need a release code, yes, but it's kept secret by the United Nations."

"Say that again," the Doctor cuts in.

"What, about the codes?" Harriet asks, frowning at him.

"Anything... all of it," the Doctor orders with a thoughtful expression.

"Um, well... the British Isles can't gain access to atomic weapons without a special resolution from the UN," Harriet explains.

"Like that's ever stopped 'em," Rose tells us.

"Exactly," Harriet exclaims. "Give our record, and I voted against that, thank you very much," she holds her hands over her chest. "The codes have been taken out of the government's hands and given to the UN," she explains before looking up at the Doctor with a slight frown. "Is it important?"

"Everything's important," the Doctor replies.

"If only we knew what the Slitheen wanted," she sighs and then pauses, her eyes widening. "Listen to me! I'm saying 'Slitheen' as if it's normal," she gasps.

"What do they want, though?" I ask, frowning from my seat, opposite the Doctor.

"Well, they're just one family so it's not an invasion," I say looking at the Doctor.

"They're out to make money, which means they want to use something," the Doctor frowns, folding his arms. "Something here on earth, some kind of asset..."

"Like what? Gold? Oil? Water?" Harriet offers.

"You're very good at this," the Doctor smiles at her from where the door should be.

"Thank you," Harriet smiles back, pleased with herself and the praise.

"Harriet Jones, why do I know that name?" the Doctor asks.

"Just leave it, Doctor. It doesn't matter," I tell him with a slight smile but then it turns into a frown when Rose and my phones go off.

"Oh, that's us," Rose mutters, pulling her phone out and I do the same.

"But we're sealed off! How did you get a signal?" Harriet asks.

"He zapped 'em," Rose smiles.

"Super-phones!" I wave my phone about.

"Then we can phone for help," Harriet smiles. "You must have contacts," she turns to the Doctor.

"Dead downstairs, yeah," he sighs.

I freeze when I open up the message from Mickey Mouse to see a Slitheen being electrocuted. "Doctor..." I whisper.

"It's Mickey..." Rose murmurs, staring at her phone in horror.

"Oh, tell your stupid boyfriend and best friend we're busy!" the Doctor whines.

"Yeah... he's not stupid," I breathe out, showing him my phone. He takes my phone and looks at the image and I look at Rose in horror.