i. Father's Day

Waking up to something or someone shaking me wasn't the best thing ever. I open my eyes and see Rose by my side. "Hey," I whisper tiredly.

"Why didn't you come with us?" she asks me instantly.

"Too tired and Adam creeped me out. Mainly me being tired though," I tell Rose and she nods her head.

"You feeling better?" she asks and I nod my head.

"Much, now leave me alone so I can get dressed please?" I ask Rose and she nods her head.

"Also, quick heads up, we're going to see dad before he died," she tells me and I nod my head.

"Ok. See you in the console room," I tell her and she nods her head, walking out of the room.

Peter Alan 'Pete' Tyler. Died on the 7th of November 1987. Died before Jackie adopted me. Rose was less than a year old. I had never met Pete Tyler but from all of the stories that Jackie had told me, he sounded like the best person in the world. Rose would always talk to me about what if her father didn't die or if he had lived a little longer, would he show her the world and do the best things for her or if she could go back in time and see her dad before he died and things like that but I knew that it wasn't true because it would create a paradox and most likely rip the universe apart but I had never told her that because I didn't have the courage to and because I didn't want to ruin the best image of her dad so I kept quiet.

*********

Walking into the console room, I find Rose and the Doctor stood at the door waiting for me. "Hurry up will you," Rose tells me impatiently. I roll my eyes and jog over to Rose and the Doctor before we walk outside.

*********

The Doctor had brought us to Pete and Jackie's wedding. He, Rose and I are sat in the back, away from all of the guests so that no one would see us. I was between Rose and the Doctor, holding Rose's hand with my left hand and the Doctor's hand entwined with my right.

"I, Peter Alan Tyler, take you, Jacqueline Angela Suzette Prentiss," the registrar says for Pete to repeat.

I, Peter Alan Tyler, take you, Jacqueline Suzanna... Suzette... Anita..." Pete fumbles over Jackie's name which makes me laugh.

Jackie narrows her eyes at Pete while he looks at the registrar for help and she sighs. "Oh. Just carry on," she waves. "It's good enough for Lady Di."

"I thought he'd be taller..." Rose mutters, staring at Pete and I squeeze her hand as she leans on my shoulder.

*********

Rose is leaning against the console with her hand in mine still. "It was a hit and run driver... no one was with him when he died and mum always said she wished someone had been there for him," she whispers. "I want us to be there so he doesn't die alone."

"November the 7th?" the Doctor asks to make sure and Rose nods her head.

"1987," I nod my head and tighten my grip on Rose's hand.

*********

Stepping outside of the TARDIS, it looked like a normal day; people walking around, music playing in the distance, normal London weather.* "That's so weird," Rose beings, walking out of the TARDIS, grabbing onto my hand. "The day our father died-" I cut Rose off.

"Your father died. I never knew him," I cut in.

"The day my father died... I thought it would be all sort of grim and stormy; it's just an ordinary day," Rose says again, correcting herself.

"The past is another country... 1987's just the Isle of Wight," the Doctor retorts. "Are you sure about this?" he asks, looking between Rose and me.