Trenzalore

A few nights later, I sit in the observatory, looking through the telescope at the sky. "Lexy?" I hear someone ask. I scream, jumping and turning my head to see Rose at the door. "Don't scare me like that," I tell her, turning back to the telescope and find it away from where I was looking.

"Sorry but, are you alright?" she asks me and I smile after I fix the positioning of the telescope. "I'm fine, Rosie," I tell her.

"What are you looking at?" she asks.

"I'm trying to find a planet that I read about. Trenzalore," I begin, moving the telescope slightly to look at another planet. "It's said to have a village called Christmas and you can't lie in it. It sounds like an amazing place to live in."

"Lexy? You've been in here for five hours. You need to go to sleep," she urges me and I shake my head, looking besides me at the picture of the planet and then looking back through the eyepiece. "I'm fine, Rose. I'll go to sleep soon okay? Let me find Trenzalore first, okay?" I ask her and she nods her head before I feel arms around me.

"Love you. See you in the morning," she tells me and I nod my head.

"Yeah," I mutter as she walks out of the room and heads off to her room and I go back to looking through the telescope. "Rose is right, you know," I hear another voice and I scream again, jumping and falling off my seat this time.

"Oh, for fuck sake. What is it with people scaring me today?" I ask myself as I turn my head and see the Doctor. "How long have you been spying on me?"

"Well, since Rose said that you've been in here for five hours," he says and I nod my head, getting back on the stall and looking at him. "You really should be heading to bed."

I shake my head as he approaches me. "I can't," I state plainly, turning back to the telescope and moving it and zooming in slightly to get a better look at the planets.

"What do you mean you can't?" he asks me.

"I can't sleep. I haven't slept in three days and I've been running on coffee," I tell him, looking through the finderscope.

"That's not healthy," the Doctor tells me and I turn to him.

"Then how come you do it?" I ask him, snapping.

"Because I'm a Time Lord. We can last weeks without sleeping," he tells me. Shaking my head, I turn my head back to the telescope and as soon as I look through the eyehole and as soon as I do, I see Trenzalore. I smile to myself and look at the picture in the book next to me. "Galaxy?" he asks me. "What happened?"

I feel a tear run down my cheek but I wipe it away before it could drip onto the page. "I saw Rose disappear," I tell him, not looking up from the page. "I saw Rose disappear and I couldn't do anything to save her."

"Come here," he tells me, pulling me into a hug.

I put my head on his chest and start to cry even more. "I couldn't save her and it scares the shit out of me because I don't know what I will do if I don't have Rose in my life," I tell him.

"You're alright, Galaxy. Rose isn't going anywhere. She's safe," he tells me. I nod my head as the Doctor strokes my head. "Are you going to go to bed now?"

I nod my head, lifting my head off of the Doctor's chest and look at him. "Thank you, Doctor," I tell him and he kisses me on the head and then lets me go and I stand up, picking the book up, shutting it in the process.

"Now, bed," he tells me sternly and I nod my head, saluting.

"Yes, sir," I joke and the Doctor laughs, shaking his head.

"Go, before you pass out," he tells me and I walk out of the room and head to my bedroom.