i. Dalek

Stepping outside the TARDIS, I look around to see that we've landed in a dimly lit area. I could see the outline of glass cases, but not much else.

"So, what is it? What's wrong?" Rose asks, coming out behind me.

"Don't know," the Doctor comes out as well, shutting the door behind him. "Some kind of signal drawing the TARDIS off course..."

"Where are we?" I ask curiously.

"Earth. Utah. North America: about half a mile underground," the Doctor replies.

"And... when are we?"

"2012," he answers.

"God, that's so close," Rose's eyes widen.

"So, I should be twenty-six and Galaxy, you'd be 23. Nearly 24.

The Doctor flicks the switch that he'd been looking at and light flood the room. My eyes widen at the things that were in the cases.

"Blimey! It's a great big museum!" Rose gasps.

"An alien museum," the Doctor cuts in. "Someone's got a hobby... they must've spent a fortune on this. Chunks of meteorite, moon dust, that's the milometer from the Roswell Spaceship," he points out different items.

"That's a bit of Slitheen!" Rose exclaims and I turn to see a stuffed arm of the very aliens we had recently fought. "That's a Slitheen's arm, it's been stuffed." she wrinkles her nose.

"That's disgusting," I say disgusted.

"Ah, look at you..." the Doctor's voice makes me snap my head around to him and I stiffen when I see a metalhead in the case. Cyberman the locket whispers.

"What is it?" Rose asks curiously.

I move closer to the Doctor, reaching for his hand without knowing.

"Cyberman," I tell Rose.

"The stuff of nightmares reduced to an exhibit... I'm getting old," the Doctor sighs. No, he isn't. Nine hundred years isn't old.

"Is that where the signal's coming from?" Rose asks.

"Doubt it. Signals come from living things. Things that are alive. Not rock-solid, dead metal," I tell Rose. The Doctor reaches up to the glass case, tapping it gently.

I jump when an alarm goes off the second his skin makes contact with the glass. I grab Rose's hand and the Doctor squeezes my other hand that he's holding. "If whoever owns this place is collecting aliens... that makes you Exhibit A," I whisper to the Doctor.

*********

The three of us were lead to an office by a couple of the guards and a woman in a black skirt with ginger curls pulled into a tight ponytail. I look around the office, seeing an attractive bloke around Rose's age showing a middle-aged man with dark balding hair a goatee some sort of object. "And this is the last... paid eight hundred thousand for it," the pretty boy tells goatee in an English accent.

"What does it do?" he asks curiously.

"Well, you see... the tubes on the side must be to channel something; I think maybe fuel-" the Doctor cuts the boy off.

"I really wouldn't hold it like that," the Doctor cuts in.

"Shut it," the ginger snaps and I send her a glare.

"Thought, that's wrong," the Doctor insists.

"Is it dangerous?" the pretty boy asks, eyeing the object warily.

"No, just looks silly," the Doctor shrugs and I chuckle.

After a moment, the Doctor holds his hand out to the goatee for the object. Rose and I freeze when the guards in the room immediately aim their guns at him, cocking them. Goatee holds up his hand and the guards lower their guns, making me breathe out in relief. The Doctor smiles when goatee hands him the object and he runs his fingers over it softly. "You just need to be..." he trails off and my eyes widen at the beautiful soft melody that's produced. "...delicate." he smiles around at everyone.