i. The Parting of Ways

Previously:

I wince as I wake up, blinking rapidly as my vision slowly clears. Aren't I meant to be dead? But, if I'm alive, then where am I?

I sit up slowly and look around at the ship I'm in before freezing like a statue. "It can't be..." I whimper as I clutch my head. "You lot are meant to be dead."

The Dalek glides towards me and I scramble back, breathing heavily. "But you're dead... I saw you die!" I shout as it backs me against a wall.

Suddenly, a flash of light shines and a pale woman with white hair that is wearing some kind of green jumpsuit appears. She stands, looking proud. "Oh, my masters..." she smiles as another Dalek glides over to her. "You can kill me for I have brought your destruction!"

I gasp when a Dalek shoots her with its laser, my hand going to my mouth. Her body glows green with her skeleton showing before she slumps to the floor. "You killed her!" I scream, a tear sliding down my cheek.

"That is correct," the one in front of me confirms.

"Alert! Alert!" another Dalek comes in screaming. "We are detected!"

"It is the Doctor!" another shout and my heart rate pick up at his name. "He has located us!"

"Open communications channel!" another order.

"The female will stand!" the one in front of me orders. "Stand!"

"I'm only going to stand because I'm terrified of you lot," I tell the Daleks before standing up and walking forwards with the Daleks pushing me. A holo-screen with the Doctor appears Jack and Rose are there as well. Lynda is there too, along with some people I don't know. The Doctor is sitting in a chair and he rolls his shoulders, levelling a dark look at the Dalek in front of me with its gun aimed at me.

"I will talk to the Doctor," one of the Daleks announces.

"Oh, will you? That's nice!" the Doctor rolls his eyes. "Hello!" he waves at them with fake cheer.

"The Dalek Strategem nears completion! The fleet is almost ready! You will not intervene!"

"Oh, really? Why's that then?"

"We have your associate! You will obey or she will be exterminated!"

"No, you can't!" Rose screams, trying to get out of Jack's hold.

The Dalek that is guarding me moves closer, making me whimper as I step back. Another pain shoots through my head and I hiss, squeezing my eyes shut for a moment as I grab onto my head to help.

"No," the Doctor replies and everyone with him turns to look at him in shock.

"Explain yourself!" the Dalek demands.

"I said no," he shrugs.

"What is the meaning of this negative!?"

"It means no," he rolls his eyes.

"But she will be destroyed!"

"No!" the Doctor slams his hands down on the table, standing. "Cause this is what I'm gonna do! I'm gonna rescue her!" he shouts, making me smile. "I'm gonna save Galaxy Tyler from the middle of the Dalek fleet and then I'm gonna save the Earth and then just to finish it off, I'm gonna wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky!"

"But you have no weapons! No defences! No plan!"

"Yeah? And doesn't that scare you to death?" the Doctor taunts.