iii. World War III

Rose phones Mickey Mouse up and he immediately starts shouting about the alien. "No, no, no, no, no, not just alien, but like a proper alien! All stinking and wet and disgusting!" he shouts and I hear the Doctor scoff from behind my chair, making me roll my eyes at him. "And more to the point, it wanted to kill us!"

"I could've died!" mum called over the phone.

"Is she alright, though?" I ask worriedly.

"Don't put her on," Rose mutters quickly. "Just tell us!" The Doctor snatches Rose's mobile, making me roll my eyes and Rose scowl up at him. The Doctor just sends us a cheeky grin. "Is that Ricky?" the Doctor asks. "Don't talk, just shut up and go to your computer," he orders. "Mickey the Idiot... I might just choke before I finish this sentence, but um... I need you," the Doctor admits which makes me smile up at him. I reach up towards the Doctor and take Rose's phone, ignoring the Doctor's protests as I plug it into the conference speaker on the table. "Say again," he tells Mickey Mouse.

"It's asking for the password!" Mickey tells us.

"Buffalo. Two Fs, one L," I tell him.

"How do you know that?" mum asks.

"Work," I answer her plainly.

"So, what's that website?" mum asks.

"All the secret information known to mankind," Mouse says dramatically, making Rose and I both roll our eyes with smiles. "Mum, it's the website for my work. U.N.I.T. Unified Intelligence Taskforce," I tell mum.

"See, they've known about aliens for years, they just kept us in the dark-"

"Mickey, you were born in the dark," the Doctor scoffs, cutting Mickey off.

"Oh, leave him alone," Rose glares.

"Thank you," Mouse says and I can picture his smug smirk. "Password again!"

"Just repeat it, every time," I order him.

"Big Ben, why did the Slitheen hit Big Ben?" the Doctor asks.

"Technically, it's Elizabeth Tower, Big Ben is the bell inside the tower," I tell the Doctor.

"Alright smart ass," the Doctor sasses me and I roll my eyes and the Doctor wraps his arms around me but I'm still sat on the chair in front of him so he wraps his arms around my neck. "You said to gather the experts, to kill them, Harriet reminds him.

"That lot would've gathered for a weather balloon. You don't need to crash-land in the middle of London," the Doctor says, taking the drink from Harriet and I take the water that she hands me, drinking it. "The Slitheen are hiding, but then they put the entire planet on red alert. Why?" Rose asks.

"Oh, listen to her!" mum scoffs.

"Oi! At least we're trying," I retort.

"Well, I've got a question, if you don't mind. Since that man walked into our lives, I've been attacked in the streets. I have had creatures from the pits of hell in my own living room and my daughters disappear off the face off the Earth," mum exclaims.

"We told you what happened," I told her.

"I'm talking to HIM!" mum exclaims. "Cos I've seen this life of yours, Doctor, and maybe you get off on it, and maybe you think it's all clever and smart, but you tell me - just answer me this - are my daughters safe?" mum asks.

"We're fine," Rose tells mum.

"Are they safe?" mum repeats. I look up and realise the Doctor is on the opposite of the room now and Rose is next to me. "Will they always be safe, can you promise me that?" I look at the Doctor and he looks at Rose and then at me. I see how hurt he is in his eyes and I look at the phone. "We're in," Mouse says. The Doctor moves towards the phone. "Now, then. On the left, at the top, there's a tab, an icon, little concentric circles, click on that," the Doctor instructs.