ii. Boom Town

The Doctor, Rose, Mickey, Jack and I walk down to the town

hall to catch Margret and see what she's up to. The five of us walk in and stand in the lobby, Jack looking at his vortex manipulator. "According to the intelligence: the target is the last surviving member of the Slitheen family; a criminal sect from the planet Raxacoricpfallapatorius masquerading as a human being zipped inside a sin-suit." he reads off.

"Jack, we've dealt with the Slitheen in Downing Street. We know what and who they are," I tell him, the Doctor grabbing onto my hand because he knows how it went down last time we had a run in with the Slitheen and he doesn't want it to happen again.

"Ok," the Doctor chuckles. "Plan of attack: we assume a basic 57/56 strategy covering all available exits on the ground floor; Doctor, kitten, you go face-to-face, that'll designate Exit One; I'll cover Exit Two; Rose, you're Exit Three; Mickey Smith, you take Exit Four," he gives us our orders and I look at him in confusion. "Have you got that?"

"Excuse me? Who's in charge?" the Doctor asks Jack in annoyance.

"Sorry," Jack apologises, rolling his eyes. "Awaiting orders, sir."

"Right!" the Doctor gives him a look before leaning in a bit. "Here's the plan," he pauses and then grins widely. "Like he said! Nice plan! Anything else?" he asks, Rose and I both snickering as Jack rolls his eyes again.

"Present arms," Jack orders and the five of us pull out our mobiles. "Ready!" we all tell him.

"Speed dial?"

"Yep!" the Doctor smiles.

"Ready!" Rose nods.

"Check!" Mouse nods.

"All set," I tell him.

"See ya in hell," Jack grins before walking off.

*********

The Doctor and I make it to the Mayor's office and walk over to the Secretary, who's name tag says, Idris. "Hello!" I say, smiling widely when we reach his desk. "We've come to see the Lord Mayor!"

"Have you got an appointment?" he asks, looking between us.

"Nope," I say, popping out the 'p'.

"Just a couple old friends passing by," the Doctor says, smiling. "Bit of a surprise! Can't wait to see her face!" he rubs his hands together.

"Well, she's just having a cup of tea..." Idris tells us uncomfortably.

"Oh, she won't mind," I just wave off. "Just go in there and tell her the Doctor and Galaxy Tyler are here for a visit."

"Doctor who?" he asks, frowning but the Doctor just smirks.

"Just the Doctor," he says, grinning. "Tell her exactly that: the Doctor and Galaxy Tyler." he nods.

Idris looks between us before standing. "Hold on a tick..." he trails off, entering her office.

"You just love it when people ask that, don't you?" I ask him.

"Yeah," he says, smirking down at me.

"Cheeky," I tell him quietly and he pushes me slightly, making me laugh.

The two of us share a look when there's a sound of glass breaking inside of the office. Idris opens the door, squeezing through it and looking pale. "The Lord Mayor says thank you for- for popping by... she'd love to chat, but, um... she's up to her eyes in paperwork," he apologizes and I just raise an eyebrow at him. "Perhaps if you could make an appointment for next week...?" he trails off.