One

This chapter is dedicated to frostyella, her action Nigerian novel 'Agent Dami' propelled me to write this book.

Check out the book, you'll be floored.

FERANMI YAWNED as the teacher distributed the exam papers. She pulled out her pen as an answer sheet landed on her desk. She filled in her details on the front page as she turned to the next page.

Till today ever since this exam had being written, no one knew the purpose or essence of writing it. It was made compulsory for teens within the ages of 14-18 years. Once you wrote the exam; that was all. You don't see the results or anything, the exam was pratically useless.

Another funny part was, each exam question paper  was different all over the country. You and someone else could never have the same questions. The question that lands in your hands belongs to only you and only you.

Feranmi  swirled her pen within her fingers as she occasionally wrote the answers to each question. Short hisses and chuckles could be heard all around the examination hall. Feranmi laughed as soon as she sighted a question.

What would you do if you wake up and your parents go missing?

Feranmi rolled her eyes as she wrote her answer. Her dad was a doctor, a well known one. If she woke up in the morning and didn't find him; of course he had gone to work. He probably had an emergency surgery or something like that. Her mom worked in bank, and was the director. Banks opened eerily early so that was perfectly normal.

Feranmi shook her head at the different weird questions in the answer booklet. Who the fuck asked a teenager her opinion on homicides?.  She scribbled down her answers as some students started submitting their answer booklets and were moving out of the hall.

Feranmi finished the hers too as she stood up and walked towards the invigilating head teacher and submitted hers. She walked outside the hall and stretched her hands. Her eyes thinned a little as she stared at the huge green field in a distance.

A long corridor stretched out by the side having other shorter corridors by the side leading to various classrooms and places in the school. The floor was plastered with cemented stylish bricks. Feranmi slipped her hands into the pocket of her jacket as she walked to her classroom.

She should have written the exam last year but she was sick and couldn't make it. So she had to write it this year. She walked into her classroom and went straight to her seat.

"Feranmi, how was the exam?" Joseph asked.

Feranmi tilted her head in a funny way, "Kinda weird" Feranmi replied.

"What kind of questions did they ask?" Tofunmi probed.

"Weird ones, my attitude in some impossible situations" Feranmi replied remembering one of the question asking what she would do if her school was attacked by terrorists. Her school was in the freaking South-West!

"Its always like that every year" someone in the class muttered.

"Like why the heck do we write the exam?" Another person asked.

"We don't see results or anything" a girl chipped in.

"Why are you guys fussing about it? Its not as if we have to read to write it. Its just some questions about the way we see things" A girl said walking inside with notebooks piled up in her hands. She was smacking her gum louding and chewing it like a pimp.

Unlike other students; her lips were glossed with shiny lip gloss. Her skirt hugged her body and showed her curves in the right places.

"Femi, Ige and Peter, Mrs Kosemani is calling you in her office" the girl as she turned to the guy behind her.