Thirty Four

Feranmi yawned as she walked into camp eight. After saluting everybody she slumped unto one of the chairs.

Dotun was seated a few meters away from her doing a few things on the glass tab. She pursed her lips as she looked at him.

They still hadn't made up since that day. She felt really guilty about how she acted towards him but Feranmi couldn't bring herself to apologise.

"Anxious for tomorrow?" Joker asked.

Feranmi shook her head "Not in the least, infact I'm bored" Feranmi replied with a yawn.

"Do you want to spar with me?" Joker asked and Feranmi shook her head.

"Ah, not at all" Feranmi replied and everyone burst into laughter.

"Why?" Joker whined and Feranmi grinned lightly.

"Netflix?" Neon asked as Feranmi's eyes lightened up.

"Sure!" Feranmi replied as she collected Neon's glass tab. She grabbed the headphones bsside her and connected it to the gab before placing it on her.

She didn't see Dotun glance at the headphones through the corner of his eyes. He looked at her slightly before turning back to his glass tab.

Seth walked into the camp and saw Feranmi's eyes fixed in the glass tab watching a movie. Everyone rushed to their feet and saluted.

"She's been watching movie for almost four hours now" Neon told Seth who glanced at Feranmi and stepped inside another room.

"Awwn... " Feranmi said aloud not noticing that everyone was looking at her.

"Its girls like that I hate the most" Feranmi continued as she scrunched up her face.

"Guy, shey you cannot push her away ni?"

"Abi they want to swear for this girl ni?"

"God will punish you and your crew. Bitches!"

"How someone will be dumb like this nah?"

"Nawa for this guy o"

"Oloriburuku, you want her, you want her too"

Neon burst into laughter as he snapped his fingers. The glass tab which Feranmi was using to watch movies went off suddenly and she snapped her head angry only to be met with everyone's laughing faces.

"What's going on?" Feranmi asked removing the headphones on her ears and placing it on her neck.

"Your side comments" Lee replied as Feranmi's eyes widened a little.

"I said that aloud?" Feranmi asked.

"Yeah. You probably don't know how loud those headphones are. Floating Cloud modified it when he bought it" Neon replied as Feranmi pursed her lips.

Her hands went to the headphones and she touched it. She slowly removed it from her neck and glanced at Dotun who continued working in his glass tab as if he wasn't listening to their conversation.

Feranmi dropped her head a little as she rose to her feet. She saluted Dotun who gave her a glance and returned back to his tab.

"Captain Floating Cloud, I'm sorry" Feranmi said as tears started rushing to her eyes.

She barely had friends aside Ini. It was in the NSTS she had a few; she couldn't let her ignorance and arrogance chase them all away.

Seeing that Dotun wasn't reacting; Feranmi continued.

"Captain Floating Cloud, I'm sorry"

Dotun dropped his tab as he turned to Feranmi slowly. He stood up and stared at Feranmi.

"I'm sorry for talking to you harshly. I shouldn't have acted so coldly to you either. I apologise" Dotun said slowly.

Feranmi who was still trying to hold her suddenly burst into tears startling Dotun.

"Why are you crying?" Dotun asked hurriedly.

"Why are you making me feel guilty?" Feranmi asked and Dotun smjled lightly and pulled her into a hug.

"These days I think your tear gland is filled up, so its just pouring out" Neon said and everyone burst into laughter.

"Filled up? I've not cried this year; I've been crying ever since I came to this place, you people are always doing something heart wrenching or painful" Feranmi said as Neon chuckled.

"Heart wrenching?" Neon asked as Feranmi nodded.

"You don't know heart wrenching girl" Joker said laughing.

"What grades are you expecting tomorrow?" Neon asked as Feranmi shrugged.

"I sincerely hate being compared to that girl" Feranmi said and Lee frowned a little.

"To who?" Lee asked.

"Bambi?" Neon asked and Feranmi nodded.

"I've not even met her and I already dislike her" Feranmi complained.

"You don't like Bambi too? Maria dislikes her"  eon said as Feranmi glanced at Maria who had her back to her.

Ever since she had beaten her few days ago; Maria hadn't said a word to her. Not just to her, all of them.

Maria stood up on cue and strolled into one of the rooms and everyone went silent. Feranmi pursed her lips before standing up to follow her.

"Don't follow her, she'll come around herself" Joker said while Feranmi nodded and sat down back.

"Captain Neon, will you open the tab for me now please?" Feranmi asked as Neon snapped his fingers and the tab came on.

"I miss Ini" Feranmi muttered.

"You should be back home by next week" Neon said while Feranmi nodded.

"What was your first mission like?" Feranmi asked.

"I was supposed to save a few kidnapped children by pretending to be one of them" Neon replied as Feranmi nodded.

"That's kinda easy" Feranmi muttered and everyone laughed.

"I almost got caught you know. Some agents got extra dangerous missions where they had to use their guns in the end" Lee said as Feranmi pursed her lips.

"But for most first missions, you might he asked to maybe stop a drug exchange, destroy a drug cartel or some gang distributing drugs and likes like that" Neon said.

"There's high rate of drug exchange these days and what's worst it that it is teenagers like yourself who use and exchange these things" Lee said in a serious tone.

"That's enough for today, have some rest and prepare for tomorrow" Neon said with a smile.