Fifty One

Seth stand cross legged in front of a grave with a lot of flowers on the tomb. His eyes seemed to be devoid of life as he stared at the name on the tomb without his eyes shaking for even a moment.

Even after many years, each time he visited his mother's tomb, he still couldn't believe she was gone. He never got over his mom' death, he didn't think he could get over it.

Neither could he really get out the image of her dying out of his head either. All those years, even though he pretended to have forgotten, he still got attacks just at the thought of it.

"Hello Mom, your son is here. How have you been? I'm been fine too. I did get a graze a few days ago though. Except that I am fine" Seth said with a small chuckle.

"I finished primary and secondary school successfully. Everything is fine around here. Did he come by to say hi? I mean your husband's first son. He's really nice to me and has taken care of me all these years" Seth said quietly.

"I am doing really, really, really fine" Seth said slowly as his voice broke.

"Mom, I miss you" Seth said as tears started streaming down his cheeks.

"I miss you so much. I miss you hug and you patting my head. I miss your beautiful smiles. Mom, I miss you so much" Seth mumbled as more tears ran down his cheeks.

If anyone from the NSTS was privileged to this scene; the person's probably won't believe that the same person who was crying and looked extremely pitiful was the same stone cold icy Captain Pentecost. He would probably come to a conclusion that they just looked alike.

"I miss you so much" Seth said as he hitched closer to the stone and traced his hand over the name engraved on the stone.

"I want to tell you about something. There's a girl at the base. She's stubborn and annoying" Seth said as he slowly wiped his tears and chuckled.

"Annoying but still attractive. Stubborn but still slightly likeable. She can be very irritating as well but she's the best. She's always in my head. I can't take my eyes off her even if I want to"

"But mom, I'm scared. I don't know why I'm scared. I don't know if I'm scared that she'll see through me once I allow her. The real me is really pathetic, don't you think so?" Seth asked as he froze.

Someone plopped down beside him and sat down crossing her legs underneath her.

"Hello ma'am. Just now your son didn't introduce me at all. My name is Feranmi. Your son misses you a lot but don't worry. Whoever he is, he would forever be the same person in my heart. Me, I, I will accompany him forever, so you don't need to worry so much about him. I'll stay by his side and be his support and backbone" Feranmi said as she wiped the tears already running down her cheeks.

"Your son doesn't smile. Could you tell him to smile more? A smile would make him look good not that he doesn't look the way he is, he looks really good even when he's frowning, really good. But sometimes tell me he'll look really, really good if he smiles more" Feranmi added as she turned to Seth who was still staring at her with wide eyes.

"Don't look at me like that. I came here to accompany you" Feranmi said as she pulled Seth for a hug while Seth laid limp in her embrace.

As a child who was raised up solely by his mother, Seth who had a very high IQ; knew he was different from other children and didn't speak much.

He only spoke much around his mom who had raised his up. As he gradually grew up, he had discovered his mother was sick. He tried to take care of her but he was just a three year old.

While he was four, his mother had a seizure at him and unfortunately her drugs had finished at home. Seth had been jolted awake by the desperate sounds that came from the seating room.

He had rushed there to see his mom fighting for her dear life. Blood streamed down from her nose and ears. Seth had run helter skelter looking for her drugs only to find out that it had finished.

Exasperated, he had tried to call for help as he shouted on top of his lungs while cuddling his mother and at the same time he watched as life drained out of her.

By the time the neighours heard his call for help, his mom was already stone cold in his arms. They had rushed her to the hospital but she's was already gone.

People said Seth was acting like a living dead and had to go through medical examinations before they were sure that he was okay.

Just the neighours and a few friends were at her burial. His mom didn't work and none of her family members came. Seth was smart enough to know that she had intentionally cut off contact with them. He had suspected that it had something to do with his dad.

On his mom's burial, this fourteen year old boy had walked up to him and claimed that he was his older brother. The son of his father. He had taken him away and raised him up.

Fredrick and his elder sister were the ones who had raised him up and made Seth joined the NSTS when he was 10. Seth was poor at social interaction that naturally alienated him from other people and was always by himself.

Feranmi didn't knew anyone to tell her the kind of hardships Seth had passed through as he grew up. They needen't not to be said. She could feel it. She knew it. Hugging Seth tighter, she quietly whispered in his ears.

"I know I told him I was going to accompany you forever. Forever" Feranmi breathed.