Twenty Seven

Feranmi wiped the sweat on her forehead as she walked out of the close combat room. If not for the fact that she wanted to be string, she wouldn't know rooms like this existed in the NSTS.

And yet again, she had underestimated the organization. She rubbed her hand while wincing. The combat rooms were for people who wanted to gain experience without going to the battle field.

It was an exact replica of a battle field. The robots arranged there where well trained and equipped. They shot out bullets that looked like arrows. The arrows didn't do any harm to the body and infact they would just stick to the body like glue.

Instead, you would feel the exact pain as if you were shot with a real bullet. Feranmi would never forget the first time she entered the room. She felt like she would die.

Feranmi walked majestically in the hallway not bothering to greet any of the agents in the hallway. The past week, all she did was train.

She trained like there was no tomorrow. She had visited a lot of departments and made a few friends. There was still a slight bruise on her lip and Feranmi chuckled.

The boxing room had exceeded her expectations. It was like a real boxing ring and the boxers there; they were fire. Trained and strong.

She was beaten up for some time before she could get an hang of it. She still wasn't that good but she could pass for an average boxer.

Her greatest surprise of the week was Tat. She had asked him to just help her practice. Just spar with him and lo and behold, she was down after a number of moves.

She then remembered PH's words saying Tat had a B+ in close combat. Tat decided to teach her everything he knew.

The number of times she had visited the hospital couldn't be counted. The doctor already knew she was training hard so sometimes gave her energy drugs as well.

She was naturally good at every thing so learning to be better didn't pose a threat. The assessment was coming, Feranmi planned to badge an A in everything and having that was breaking all the records.

Thanks to Blue, her computer skills had upgraded as well. She could easily hack into anywhere she wanted provided she was not met a very strong firewall.

Feranmi checked her wristwatch and noticed that it was just a few minutes past 10am. She walked straight to the field where some agents were jogging around.

Feranmi threw two bags of stones over her shoulder and started running around the field. Everyone turned to her surprised as they stopped jogging while watching and making way for her.

The bags of stones could barely hold Feranmi down as she wheezed around the field. She stopped after 20 rounds and sat on the floor panting for breath.

Her speed had increased as well and Feranmi looked at her wrists which had become significantly thinner after a week. She glanced around before trudging back to her dorm.

Her thoughts drifted to Seth. She had not seen him for a week. It would be a lie to say she didn't miss him. She missed him terribly that even if it was his cold, expressionless face; she just wanted to see him nonetheless.

She hadn't gone back to the camp after that day either. She could tell that most of them weren't happy with her. Feranmi felt guilty just thinking about it.

Even Neon didn't laugh or say anything to her. Feranmi knew she had messed up. Big time, becoming stronger was the only apology she could give.

"14!" Someone screamed and Feranmi turned to see Moon and PH running towards her.

Feranmi wore a small smile as she turned to them.
"Hello guy" she said trying to wear a smile.

"Wow! You've gotten really thinner" Moon said with a slight frown.

"Really?" Feranmi asked as PH nodded.

"I haven't seen you in a long time. Captain Creek keeps me training always" PH complained.

"Its more annoying that Captain John had a mission and I had to be handed over to that prick" Moon grumbled.

"You are under Captain London now?" Feranmi asked. Yeah, London was shockingly a Captain.

"Let's go to the cafeteria and catch up" PH suggested as she clutches unto Feranmi's hand.

Moon nodded in agreement and Feranmi wore an helpless smile.

"Sorry guys, I can't go with you" Feranmi said as Moon folded her arms.

"Are you okay?" Moon asked as Feranmi smiled lightly.

"Yeah" she replied.

"Try to catch some sleep, your eye bags aren't that obvious though" Moon said and Feranmi nodded. It was one of the reasons she just like Moon. She knew when to pry and when not to.

"Take care of yourself 14" PH said with a small smile and Feranmi nodded before walking off.

Due to her training, she barely had three hours of sleep. She trained all the time. She hated the fact that time was against her.

Feranmi walked into her room and peeled off her clothes. She hurried took her bath and wore her uniform. Her weight loss became obvious in the uniform and Feranmi chuckled a little.

It was Friday and assessment starts on Monday. It wouldn't hurt to brush up some of her skills. She decided to visit the camp.

"Where have you been all week?" Maria bellowed as soon as she saw Feranmi.

Due to the fact that a lot of things were weighting her down and she had a lot of things on her mind, Feranmi was extremely sensitive so she became annoyed listening to Maria.

"Training" Feranmi spat out as Joker and Lee turned to her.

"Training my foot. Going around the departments, what do you think you are doing? The assessment starts next week. I'll see what you'll have" Maria sneered as Feranmi slowly curled up her lips.

"Captain Maria, why don't we have a spar, let's see what I've been really doing all week?" Feranmi said and Maria shuddered.

It was the first time that Feranmi had addressed her with her rank. Everyone in Camp Eight was a Captain.