Twenty Eight

Maria stood up and others made way for both of them.

"You are annoyingly arrogant. That's what I hate the most about you. Yet you do not have the ability to back your arrogance up" Maria said and Feranmi chuckled.

"As for me, I just don't like you. You are loud mouthed, annoying and the best way to describe you is that you are a pest" Feranmi replied shrugging her shoulders.

Unlike Feranmi who had heard people tell her she was arrogant all the time; Maria's words didn't have any effect on her. If it had been one week ago, her last statement would have hit her deep but it didn't, it wasn't going to.

Maria frowned as Feranmi spoke. Who called a girl loud mouthed? A pest?  It was a big insult that made Maria angry.

"I've been going way too easy on, prepare to die!" Maria bellowed as Feranmi put her hands forward with a short laugh.

"Captain Maria, if I were you, I wouldn't go easy on me" Feranmi said as she attacked.

No one including Maria expected Feranmi to attack first. Maria was shocked after a few moves. She twirled around and gave Feranmi a kick around her abdomen.

Feranmi immediately retreated and landed calmly with a small smile stunning everyone. Pain was secondary, at the moment, she needed to beat the hell out of Maria.

Feranmi didn't wait for a second before attacking again. This time around, she barely gave Maria time to counterattack. Her kicks were precise at the parts of the body.

Maria forgot she was a science student, a Biology major. She hit the places she knew would hurt the most. Jumping in the air and aiming towards Maria, she sealed all her acupoints making Maria unable to move.

Feranmi landed on the floor and dusted her hands before giving Maria a small smile.

"You are not worthy to spar with me" Feranmi said to Maria her eyes trained on the slightly taller female.

Shock was written on everyone's face as they looked at Feranmi in shock.

Suddenly a leg darted towards Feranmi's face and she withdrew her head while pulling the leg and flinging it away.

She turned to see Lee looking at her a small smile. He didn't allow her to register the smile before attacking. Feranmi chuckled as she became more alert.

She might have trained hard and might be well versed in marital arts taught by the organization and all but deep down she knew she was no match for people like Lee who had experience and had been practicing for years.

But even if she couldn't defeat him, she could at least hold own and that was what she did. Seeing what she did to Maria, Lee avoided too close combat with Feranmi.

He had to admit that she had grown at least ten times stronger than a week ago. What happened to her?  He didn't have an idea.

Her stamina was so great that he wanted to applaud her. Both shot kicks at each other and their legs slammed into each other sending them backwards.

They both landed on their feet and Lee looked at Feranmi with a small smile.

"Release her acupoint, you've made your point" Dotun said coldly and Feranmi walked up to Maria and released her acupoints.

Maria fell to the ground panting as she looked at Feranmi in shock. This girl....

"Where's Captain Pentecost?" Feranmi asked.

"What do you want with him?" Dotun asked coldly and that made Feranmi irritated. She knew she had messed up, really messed up but she was ignorant and didn't know anything.

Why weren't these people going easy on her? Because of him, she had subjected herself to a situation she could never have brought herself to. Why was he acting like she did it intentionally knowing fully well that she just needed to see reality first before she could understand.

"That's my personal business. I just need to see him" Feranmi replied her tone cold as well.

"You can't" Dotun replied as Feranmi fixed her eyes on him, her gaze cold and firm.

"I want to see Captain Pentecost" Feranmi repeated more firmly.

"Why? You still have few more words for him? What to remind him how much of a jerk he is?" Dotun hissed out angrily.

He had only had a guess when she had been assigned to take her home. But he was certain she was an important person.

Assigning her to their camp confirmed his suspicions but he didn't know how important she was to Seth.

He rarely bothered about her matters and let them train her instead. He had seen Seth emotionless face the day she got drunk.

He had seen a very tiny flash of an emotion he couldn't decipher and when Seth decided to take her to the L & D ring, he knew she was very very important to him.

He would never forget the look in Seth's eyes when Alexis went for her throat. In the almost three years he had known Seth, the emotions he had seen on his face could he counted.

He had never seen him scared before but that morning, Dotun saw immense fear in Seth's eyes. He was shocked and dumbfounded and didn't even realize when Seth disappeared to save her.

He thwn realized that she just wasn't important to him. She was the most important person to him. Infact, she was before himself.

Listening to Feranmi curse out at him had annoyed him and despite the fact that Seth didn't say anything or show any emotion, he knew he was hurt.

Seth might be strong and all and might rarely shown emotions but he was human too. Human with feelings. Humans with emotions. Events might have made him toughen up but he was still human.

Feranmi angrily at Dotun "I made a mistake, accepted but why do you keep harping on it?" Feranmi asked angrily.

"Who doesn't make mistakes?" Feranmi asked still angry. She took Dotun as a friend but she didn't like the way he was acting. Not one bit.