Twenty Three

Feranmi froze at Seth's reply. The scene of the man being killed replayed in her brain.

"What do you mean?" Feranmi slowly asked.

Seth frowned at her "What part of Life and Death don't you understand?" Seth asked as Dotun walked towards them.

"She's number 14" Dotun said and Seth nodded.

"Against?" Seth asked.

"Some guy nicknamed Alexis" Dotun replied.

"I'm not fighting there. I don't want to die yet" Feranmi bellowed.

"What kind of person are you? You want me to die or kill someone. I don't want to be a murderer!" Feranmi continued.

Seth checked his wristwatch as he watched the next fighters get into the ring.

"The bet on your head is One million, if you give me back now. I'll let you go home and transfer you to Frost" Seth said.

Feranmi swallowed her saliva as tears welled up in her eyes.

"Don't even think of crying" Seth said stopping Feranmi's tears at the tip of eyelids.

"You'll be fine" Dotun said and Feranmi glared at him.

"Can you let me talk to Ini and my parents then?" Feranmi asked.

"Why?" Dotun asked.

"I'm going to die either ways" Feranmi replied through clenched teeth.

She didn't want to die yet!

She was going to tell her parents to sue NSTS for trying to kill her. Feranmi sneered at Seth.

"You are too childish" Seth said as he turned to her.

"Do you think the NSTS is a joke? Do you think the training we give you everyday is for some stupid movie? Get your facts right Feranmi. This is real and people die whether they are killed or not!" Seth said leaving Feranmi startled.

"You don't want to be a murderer? So if we happen to go on a mission and someone wants to kill you, you'll rather let yourself be killed than be a murderer?" Seth asked shaking his head.

"And one more word from you, I'll kill you personally" Seth said as he turned back to the ring.

Feranmi stood transfixed as she stared into space. Dotun swallowed his saliva and rubbed Feranmi's back comfortingly.

"You are up next after this set" Seth told Feranmi whose eyes flew to the ring.  A man and a lady were fighting viciously.

The lady was beating the man mercilessly. Her punches and kicks were sent to the right place in the body and Feranmi winced as if she was the one being punched.

The man suddenly stood up and slapped the lady. The lady spat out blood and turned, she gave him a round about kick at landed at his neck and he dropped down dead.

The lady continued kicking him and Feranmi covered her eyes unaware that Dotun that lead her to another area.

Feranmi felt her heart pounding crazily  in her chest. She held Dotun's clothes and shook her head.

"No, no, no.. Let Seth kill me. I'll die than way instead" Feranmi pleaded tears running down her cheeks.

Feranmi suddenly got kicked and landed inside the enclosed ring. She turned and saw Seth looking at her without emotion.

"Don't waste my money" Seth said and Feranmi swallowed her saliva as she watched as a young man entered.

He looked lustfully at Feranmi which made her digusted. She quickly rose to her feet and watched him silently.

The whistle blew and he rushed towards Feranmi sending out a punch. Instinctively, Feranmi used her hand to block it and she felt her hand go numb.

The man looked at her in surprise and smiled widely. Feranmi retreated backwards and massaged her hands silently.

The man ce charging at her and sent out various blows which Feranmi managed to counterattack. Feranmi soon realized what Seth meant when he said what they taught them at the NSTS wasn't a joke.

Soon she braced up and fought with all she skills she had. Everyone who had laughed at her soon realized she was good. They started yelling for her and Feranmi couldn't help but curse.

Experience soon prevailed over skills and the man was beating Feranmi mercilessly. Feranmi spat out blood as she rubbed her broken elbow.

She saw the man move and she instantly turned and gave him a round about kick that sent him to the floor. She staggered as she was already running out of energy.

But she didn't want to die. The man shot up again from the floor and Feranmi spat out profanities. He gave Feranmi a punch that sent her to the floor.

Feranmi rolled on the floor as she tried to stand up. She had barely stood up when she was sent to the floor again. Every where on her body was aching her and she could barely move any part of her body.

She tries to stand up and leaned against the ring. The man shot towards her and Feranmi moved slightly making the man's hands to hit the ring.

He rubbed his hands in agony and glared at Feranmi who was close to fainting. He rushed towards her and before Feranmi could do anything he grabbed her neck.

Feranmi's eyes widened as she tried to remove his grip on her neck. She flayed around widely until she felt the man's second hand move under her clothes and he started massaging her breasts. Everyone started shouting more at this move.

Feranmi's eyes bulged as she grabbed the mans hands and remembering what the earlier man did she twisted his hand and kicked him away.

Feranmi panted loudly as she fell to her knees. She tried to gasp for breath as she felt a tinging sensation in her breasts.

The man stood up against and licked his lips. He moved towards her with a punch and Feranmi's era widened seeing that the punch was coming for her throat.

She was going to die. After trying so hard to survive, she was going to die. She didn't even get to tell Ini goodbye. She didn't sleep with her parents one last time. She didn't get to tell that stone cold idiot that whatever he did to her, she still liked him.

Feranmi closed her eyes expecting the pain from her throat. Suddenly she was lifted off the ground before a man's earth shattering scream was heard.