Twenty

Feranmi was shocked to discover that half of the boys had failed the test. Only three of them remained. She couldn't blame them though.

She swallowed her saliva as she walked towards Camp Eight. She felt giddy deep down that she could see Seth the more.

She sneered remembering how he had snubbed her in the clinic. She placed her hand on panel and the door slid down.

There were about five people seating down. She was surprised to see Dotun leaning against the wall. She quickly saluted.

"Agent 14, reporting" Feranmi said firmly.

"Hmmm...... Welcome to camp eight. You can call me Lee" a guy said absent mindely.

"Its nice to have you here, I'm the Joker" another guy said.

"Jack"

"Floating Cloud" Dotun said as Feranmi looked at him in surprise.

"I'm Maria" Maria said as she looked at Feranmi with disdain.

"You are really cute" Neon said with a wink.

"I know, thank you" Feranmi replied as her eyes strayed to the lying figure few meters from them.

"Its Neon" Neon said as Feranmi nodded.

She squinted her eyes at the sleeping Seth who had his back to her. He was lying on something she couldn't describe.

"For you to survive under Captain Pentecost you need to have a strong mindset" Dotun started as Feranmi didn't reply.

"His instructions was for you to do 100 pushups" Joker said as Feranmi's eyes widened.

"100?" She asked horrified.

"He's a light sleeper you'll wake him up" Jack said with a frown.

"100 pushups? Does he want me to die?" Feranmi asked as Neon burst into laughter.

Feranmi watched as Joker stood up from his chair and started doing the pushups. He didn't stop for a minute and Feranmi found herself counting in her head.

Joker suddenly stood up and dusted his hands.

"That was 150, you won't die. I'm not even sweating" Joker said as Feranmi sneered at him.

"You've been in the NSTS for almost three years, if he asks you to do a thousand its no big deal for you. I'm a newbie, why was I assigned to him anyways?" Feranmi asked.

"Get lost" A slightly deep voice said and everyone went quiet.

"If you can't do that, visit the Medical Department and get your memories of this place flushed out. You can continue living your peaceful life with your parents and your best friends while someone struggle to make sure you live a peaceful life" Seth continued as he sat up slowly on the bed.

"You already said you wanted out right? You can as well get lost" Seth said with a frown as Feranmi felt tears pooling at her eyes.

Why did she feel like crying?

Feranmi didn't even realize when she bent down and started doing pushups. A tear slid down her cheeks as she continued yet not even a single sound escaped her lips.

Neon soon discovered she was crying and he winced.

"Why are you crying?" Neon asked bewildered.

Feranmi stood up dusting her hands. She discovered it was pretty easy to do 100 pushups with her strength.

"What else?" Feranmi asked.

"Another 100" Joker replied solemnly.

"Are you crying because he said a few words to you?" Maria bellowed as Feranmi also ignored her and bent down to do another hundred.

She herself didn't know why she was pained and crying so how would she have an answer to their questions?

Feranmi finished the pushups and stood straight. Her arms were aching like crazy already but she did it complaining.

"Come here" Dotun said as he sat down and took a balm from on the drawers.

"Remove your top" Dotun said and Feranmi removed her top. She was too pained to be embarrassed.

Dotun gulped slightly as Feranmi removed her top. Her skin was lighter and one could see the slight tracing of her bra through her white singlet.

Dotun applied the balm on her arms and became to massage it. He watched Feranmi whose expression did not change in the slightest.

"Don't easily take his words to heart" Dotun said as Feranmi turned to him.

"And stop crying, you don't look good" Dotun said.

Feranmi wore her clothes back as she turned to Joker.

"That's all for today, its late get some sleep" Joker said.

Feranmi saluted and walked out of the room. After a minute everyone stood up and saluted and watched as Seth sat up slowly with an emotionless face.

He rose to his full height and walked into the adjacent room. Some minutes later, they could hear punching sounds from the next room.

"What's wrong with him?" Lee asked.

"Just stay clear of him" Dotun replied.

Feranmi walked out of the room towards her room and she heard an uproar. A team had come back from their mission.

A lot of people were saluting so Feranmi peered her head as a smile instantly came over her face. She also stood by the sidelines and saluted.

Frost couldn't help but burst into laughter seeing Feranmi crooked smile.

"Welcome back Captain Frost" Feranmi said with a chuckle.

"Welcome to the  NSTS Agent 14" Frost replied with a small smile but his eyes held an undescribable emotion.

He had heard what happened and he was shocked and conflicted. Even the organization had demanded for extra protection for her best friend and her parents.

"Senior Li, Senior Mona, welcome back" Feranmi said.

"Thank you 14" Mona said with a small smile while Li gave her a tired smile.

"Y'all rest up, I'll be borrowing Captain Frost" Feranmi said as she wore her arms into Frost's and started pulling him along while others stared in horror.

Frost look surprised at first but later smiled as Feranmi pulled him along. He stared at her face and frowned.

Did she cry again?

Feranmi pulled Frost to the cafeteria. Yes, they had a cafeteria. Frost swiped his card and bought snacks for both of them.

"How have you been doing?" Frost asked as he sat down.

"Fine" Feranmi replied absent mindely.

"You cried again?" Frost asked softly.

"I just had a moment" Feranmi replied her voice getting smaller. She wasn't surprised to hear Frost speak about it.

"Captain Pentecost, how is he like?" Feranmi asked and Frost smiled slightly.

"Aren't you under him now? You'll know by yourself" Frost replied as Feranmi swallowed her saliva and took a gulp of her drink.

Beads of sweat ran down Seth's forehead as he continued punching the punching bag. He had been punching for close to an hour.

What did he say that she had to cry like that?

Seth pursed his lips as he threw a punch. He had seen the way she had burst into tears during the assessment. He discovered she really cared about her people.

He was about to throw a punch towards the punching bag when he heard a voice in his head.

"Can't you talk to a pretty lady without making her cry?"

Seth rolled his eyes as he dropped his hands and gave the punching bag a kick. The bag tore and contents poured on the floor.