Thirty Nine

Feranmi gritted her teeth as they stepped into the car. Although she finished her mission, it was still kinda messed up.

"What happened?"

Seth swirled the pen in his hands calmly "14's mission was leaked" he replied and everyone went into shock.

"Only you know her mission right?" Lee asked and Seth shook his head.

"Are you saying there's a spy in NSTS?" Feranmi asked shocked.

"Shut up" Neon snapped at Feranmi who turned to him and pursed her lips.

Seth didn't say anything before he walked out of the camp without a word.

Feranmi smiled as she sighed. She was finally going home. She would see her parents again and Ini? She was going to make sure her partying reduced.

Feranmi watched as the girls talked excitedly among themselves. They were all happy to go home.

"Is anyone joining the elite team?" Blue asked.

"I don't think so. Maybe the boys will" PH replied.

"You aren't joining too?" Moon asked PH and PH shrugged.

"I was eager to join them when I first joined the NSTS but I think I prefer here. Its fun" PH said and Mimi laughed.

"Captain Creek said we have a party this night then tomorrow we can go home" Mimi said and Moon danced while everyone laughed.

"But I think 14 should really join the elite forces. She's too good" Moon said and Feranmi smiled lightly.

"You've been quiet since. What's up?" Moon asked again and Feranmi yawned.

"I'm tired" Feranmi replied and everyone burst into laughter.

"So you are so tired that you can't talk?" Mimi asked laughing.

"Abi you fought with Captain Pentecost again?" PH asked and Feranmi frowned.

"Fought?" Feranmi asked as she sat up.

"Who told you we ever fought? Why don't you people learn to mind your business so much like this? Why are  you always trying to but into my business?" Feranmi asked her voice cold as she stood up and walked out of the room leaving everyone dazed.

"What just happened?" Blue asked.

"I have no idea either" Mimi said shaking her head.

"I was just trying to tease her. I didn't know she would get this angry" PH said slowly.

"That's enough" Moon snapped at everyone.

"I think something is really bothering her" Moon muttered.

"When was something not ever bothering her?" Blue asked and Moon turned to her with a frown.

"Don't frown at her Moon. She's kinda right. 14 has changed okay. To say she's leagues far over us now wouldn't be an understatement" PH said and Mimi sighed.

"That's not really true. That's just the kind of person she is" Moon said.

"She probably has some other personal troubles she's dealing with" Mimi added.

"Sometimes I just wished she shared with everyone" Moon said while sighing.

Feranmi punched the standing punching bag with all her strength not stopping for a minute. Sweat poured down her face into her uniform yet she continued punching.

She didn't know what had came over her in that short period of time that PH had spoken. She knew the later was just trying to tease her but Feranmi just got all riled up at the mention of Seth.

She was annoyed at the fact that no matter what she did, she couldn't get his attention. It was as if, he couldn't even put her in his eyes.

She knew nothing about him. She was inexperienced about things like this. All she knew was that she really, really, really did like him but at last it wasn't enough.

Feranmi sighed as she stopped punching the punching bag. She started taking small intake of breadth as she sat on the floor staring into space.

Her mission was leaked. The thoughts came drifting into Feranmi's mind as she took a sharp breath.

Her thoughts started wandering in different directions. Was there really a spy in the NSTS?

The spy had to be an high ranking one as Lee had mentioned that only Seth knew about her mission. Feranmi knew Seth definitely didn't leak her mission. And for reasons known to him didn't allow anyone else to know her mission.

If things were the way Seth had actually said, then there was a spy in the NSTS but then, who or which organisation was bold enough to send a spy into the NSTS, for what reason?

Feranmi couldn't think of any reason. She tried to think of someone who looked or sounded or who could be a spy but her brain came clean. She wondered if she had offended someone that would want to kill her.

She removed her gloves as her thoughts drifted to the day before events. The men who were shouting looked trained as they shot but not exactly trained. Except for a few civilians who got shot; they minimised the damage so we'll.

Feranmi frowned as she rested her back on the wall. The black men were there for her. Who would want to kill her and why? Nobody except her parents knew she didn't actually leave the country.

And Feranmi knew better, her parents would rather die than tell someone else about their daughter's whereabouts. The only answer was that, the person who was targeting her knew about the NSTS.

Did someone else know about the NSTS? An organisation that even the President of Nigeria has zero idea about?

Feranmi chuckled as she rose to her feet. She zipped down her uniform a little exposing her fair neck. The beads of sweat running down her face had stopped and had started drying up.

A serene look took over her disturbed look as she walked back to the dormitory. The girls were talking about movies and some actors.

They all kept quiet as soon as Feranmi entered. Moon jumped down from her bunk and approached Feranmi quietly.

"Hey, I wanted to apologise for PH earlier. She meant it as a joke, don't take...." Moon started but Feranmi cut her off as she turned to her.

"Do I look like someone who's ready to listen to you right now? I don't have time to deal with you guys right now" Feranmi said as she dropped her shoulders.

"Just leave me alone" she murmured as she walked past Moon into the bathroom.

Mimi dragged Moon to seat down "Give her some time"