Fifteen

All it took was one month for Feranmi to start gaining an upper hand. She steadied herself as she faced Mimi.

Mimi had a hard look in her face as she stared at Feranmi. She needed to look for an opening to defeat her but she knew herself such wish would never come true.

They had all clearly started together. They had all started teaching them at the same time but it didn't take long for them to realize that Feranmi had gone far leaving them behind.

She was skilled in everything. Close combat, archery, even her computer skills had easily picked up. Unlike her that was an Arts student, her face didn't show disgust when they were shown around the medical department.

They had all clearly started together but none of them understood how Feranmi was thrice as better as them.

Seeing that Feranmi wasn't making a move, Mimi clenched her fists and moved towards Feranmi, her movements fast.

Feranmi turned around and gave Mimi a round about kick. Mimi seeing the incoming kick too late retracted her hands and used them as shield from her face.

Feranmi's leg forcefully hit her arms and Mimi fell to the floor, her arms numb. Feranmi quickly rushed to her bending over her.

"Mimi, are you okay?" Feranmi asked with concern.

"Would you have really hit my pretty face?" Mimi asked with a snarl.

Feranmi sat down panting realizing she was alright "Without a doubt sweetie" Feranmi replied.

"You are so good" Mimi said as Feranmi smiled and stood up. She stretched her hand towards Mimi who took it immediately and Feranmi pulled her to her feet.

Feranmi looked at herself and grinned widely. One month ago, she didn't even know she could swing her legs so fast and accurately.

The physical training was tiring and painful. They all had different wounds and injuries during trainings everyday. They were trained in all kinds of aspects.

Feranmi raised her head to look at the training room beside them through the glass. PH was mercilessly beating up Blue. Feranmi had been shocked still to discover that Blue was one of the top hackers in the freaking WORLD!

And she had been more surprised to learn that a lot of the spies were also in the first 100 ranking. Aside computers, Blue sucked at everything else so it wasn't really surprising to see PH beating her up.

Feranmi laughed as PH flung Blue away again. With this kind of lousy partner, she wouldn't even know her real skills.  Moon walked inside sweating as well. Her partner was one of the seniors who volunteered to teach her.

"14, can I spar with you?" Moon asked as Feranmi smiled.

"She'll still beat you up" Mimi said as she walked towards the benches and sat down.

Moon grinned in reply as she took a stand. Feranmi nodded and took a stand also. After a minute, Moon attacked, she was much more faster than Mimi.

She threw her first kick at Feranmi who returned it by slapping her legs backwards. Moon didn't relent at the failed kick and threw out her second leg which Feranmi also returned before giving her a side punch which sent Moon crashing to the floor.

"Ouch!" Moon groaned.

"You are so good" Moon said as she stood up holding her stomach.

"I wonder if they really taught us together" Moon said as she trudged to the bench and sat down beside Mimi.

"I just practice hard yunno"Feranmi said sighing.

"When is our assessment going to take place?" Moon asked as Feranmi shook her head.

"I don't know either, they've been saying that for a long time and we have no idea what it is about yet" Feranmi replied.

All recruits, please move to square one.

Feranmi rolled her eyes as she stood up from the floor and walked out of the room with Moon and Mimi trailing after her.

"What is this about?" One of the guys asked and the girls shrugged.

Andrew walked towards them, his usual expression on his face.

"You guys seem to have improved a lot. You'll eitherhave to form a team or join a team at the end of the day so now we will be trained on how to work as a team" Andrew said as he slammed his legs on the floor and everywhere went fuzzy before they found themselves in a forest.

"What's going on?"

"Where are we?"

"This is real and at the same time isn't. The rules are simple, you have to take out the other team" Andrew said.

"These guns are equipued with arrows, your team has blue arrows while the other has red. Once you get a red arrow on your body, you are out" Andrew said.

"As long as the leader is down, you win" Andrew added as he passed guns to the recruits.

"Do choose a team leader" Andrew said.

"14" PH said as Andrew looked around.

"Any objections?" He asked.

"Okay. 14,it is. Remember work as a team" Andrew said.

"This isn't fair, we have to battle against experienced soldiers" one of the guys grumbled.

"So what's the plan?" A guy asked.

Feranmi looked around and shook her head "No plans" Feranmi replied.

"No plans? What kind of captain are you?" A guy bellowed.

"We are not familiar with this place yet, how do you want me to make a plan?" Feranmi asked with a raised eyebrow.

"True" Blue said as Feranmi walked into the forest.

"For now, the plan is; don't get shot" Feranmi said as they all hurried intothe forest to find where to hide.

Feranmi's heart was slamming against her chest as she climbed up a tree. She had only seen stuffs like this in movies.

She looked cautiously around as she waited for the whistle. She soon sighted a member of the other tree, his back to her few trees away from her.

Feranmi smiled as she aimed her gun at him. The whistle suddenly blew and Feranmi instantly pressed the trigger. During shooting classes, she had also excelled a lot.

Suddenly she discovered that the person was no longer there. She then felt a tinging sensation on her arm and she turned to find a red arrow on her arm.

Feranmi hissed loudly and the whistle blew against startling Feranmi. They had lost, in less than 3 minutes. She jumped down the tree and walked to find the others.

"They are so fast and precise" Mimi grumbled.

"Don't be dishearted. Don't forget; they are experienced" Feranmi said but it was more like she was telling herself which made everyone laugh a little.

"Get back to your positions. This is your training for today" Andrew said as they nodded.

"Everyone please be careful" Feranmi said as they hurried back into the woods.