Forty Two

Ini watched as Feranmi sipped her drink. She barely looked around and only focused on sipping her drink.

"Will you tell me what's wrong now?" Ini asked as Feranmi turned to her.

"What is it?" Ini asked as she hitched closer to her.

"Have you ever really liked someone?" Feranmi asked and Ini shook her head.

"No. But I know how it feels to like someone" Ini replied and Feranmi chuckled.

"You know you don't make any sense bah?" Feranmi asked and Ini laughed.

"I know you've liked someone so badly. That's why I'm telling you this" Feranmi said and Ini sipped her drink while staring at her.

"I like someone" Feranmi said and Ini's eyes widened as she started giggling.

"Who? Who? Is he tall? Is he handsome? Is he a foreigner?" Ini asked excitedly and Feranmi was forced to laugh at Ini's excitement.

"No. Calm down with your questions huh? Remember that guy you saw the day we video called?" Feranmi asked and Ini nodded.

"Yes, yes, yes" Ini replied as she smiled widely.

"That guy with the killer face? Wow. You are finally liking someone" Ini said as Feranmi played with her fingers.

"Its one-sided" Feranmi said and Ini chuckled.

"One-sided? How sure are you?" Ini asked.

"If he had a friendly feeling towards me, he wouldn't treat me like that. Talkless of him liking me. He's cold and mysterious. I don't know anything about him except his name" Feranmi replied and Ini nodded.

"Very cold?" Ini asked and Feranmi nodded.

"Very cold. He's different from everyone else. He rarely talks and he's very cool. He has helped me once or twice or even more but he still won't open up to me" Feranmi said and Ini smiled.

"Just because he helped you doesn't turn him into your friend. And just because you are his friend doesn't mean he will open up to you" Ini said and Feranmi pursed her lips.

"With what you just said, I think he has a tough life" Ini said and Feranmi nodded remembering Frost's words.

"That's why. He had a tough childhood, I just want to be there for him and maybe protect him. I sound stupid right?" Feranmi asked and Ini laughed and shook her head.

"Somehow but not really. Why do you think he needs your protection?" Ini asked and Feranmi swallowed her saliva.

"He has experienced too many bad things, I don't want him to experience anymore of them. I don't want him to be hurt anymore" Feranmi replied and Ini sighed as she grabbed her hand.

"You know I had a tough childhood too, it was hard to open up to people" Ini started.

"You opened up to right?" Feranmi asked.

"Yes. I did and that was because you waited for me to open up, and I trusted you. Whoever this person is, since you already said also had a tough childhood, it might be hard" Ini replied as she continued.

"Not everyone had a beautiful life since they were little like you. Not everyone. He had a tough childhood, naturally to open up to people will be very hard. You gave me time, why can't you be more patient with him? Give him time and trust me, he'll come around" Ini said and Feranmi nodded.

"You look thin though. Was the conference that strenous?" Ini asked and Feranmi nodded.

"Of course. It was an International conference, I had to stay at the top huh?" Feranmi replied and Ini laughed.

"You are always at the top. You don't even have to struggle" Ini said as she pursed her lips while Feranmi smiled.

"Ini, can we talk?"

Feranmi turned to the person speaking and frowned before turning to Ini.

"When did you start talking to Ayomide?" Feranmi asked and Ini scoffed.

"Talk? He's been stalking me and following me everywhere. I've told him to stay away from me but he's not listening. Just ignore him" Ini replied as she continued sipping her drink.

Feranmi chuckled as she shook her head "What the fuck does he want?" She asked.

"He said he loves me" Ini squealed before bursting into laughter while Feranmi chuckled.

Ayomide roughly grabbed Ini as he snarled at her "Don't mock me" he said and Feranmi slowly turned to him.

"Let her go" Feranmi said slowly not minding that everyone was already looking at them.

"Why? What are you going to do?" Ayomide asked as his face contorted into an ugly grin.

"I suddenly feel like you'll be better than Ini in bed" Ayomide said and his friends burst into laughter.

Feranmi sipped her bottle of fanta till there was no drop inside. She carefully folded the straw inside the bottle and turned to Ayomide and his friends.

"Yunno my captain is so cool that if only warns the enemies once. After that, you are dead" Feranmi said and Ayomide burst into laughter.

"Can you hear yourself? Does anything you are saying make any sense?" He asked and the cafeteria roared with laughter.

Feranmi smiled as she grabbed one of Ayomide's fingers and twisted it. Ayomide stopped laughing as he started yelling in agony. Everyone watched in shock as Feranmi twisted his finger.

Ayomide fell to rhw ground yelling and shouting looking unbelievably at the irregular finger. Everyone including Ini looked at her in shock.

"I picked some self defense skills in London" Feranmi said as she grinned at Ini as she pulled her up. She picked her bottle of drink and Ini's.

And just as they reached of the side doors, Feranmi threw both bottles in the air and kicked them simultaneously.

One of the bottles got stuck in Ayomide's mouth, while the other hit him directly on the head and he fainted immediately.

Feranmi nodded and yawned "That's better. You are too noisy" she said as she pulled Ini out of the hall.

"Did she just knock him out because he was noisy?" John Wick asked before he burst into laughter while orher captains looked on trying to hold theirs.