Chapter 3

"So, tell me about yourself." Kakashi said and turned his face away from me to take a bite of his food without his mask. I wonder if I'll ever find out what's underneath it. We're at a BBQ restaurant, which is new for me, but I like it. The food is pretty good.

"Well, I'm 12. I like reading, and movies, ice cream, and training. This is my first time living in a village." I said honestly. He raised an eyebrow at me. "After my mom got pregnant with me, she moved out of the village because she thought it would be better for us." I explained. That's kind of true, I guess. That was when she joined the Akatsuki, but he doesn't need to know that. "I don't like being treated like a child, because I'm not one. And I miss my mom." I said with a sad smile. He looked at me with a sad eye as well. He understands the pain of losing both parents too. I decided that if I won't get to live with Kakashi forever, I'll make the most of it while I can. I want to know more about him. I want to know about our father as well. So, I decided to put forth more effort into being honest with him about everything that I could be.

"I understand. But she wouldn't want you to be sad. She'd be happy that you're here and with a family member." He said and gave me a small closed eye smile. I smiled back at him. I can tell that we're gonna get along. Itachi is right, we're a lot alike. Maybe he's also right in that Kakashi will come around.

"What about you? Tell me about you." I asked and ate my dango. I love dango. Other than ice cream, it's my favorite food. What can I say? I love sweets!

"I'm 24," so I was right about his age. Go me! "I also like reading and training. I'm a jonin sensei for genin, but I haven't passed a team yet." I raised an eyebrow. I saw a smirk form under his mask. "You'll see tomorrow." He said and gave me another closed eye smile. I rolled my eyes. "I used to be an ANBU." I nodded. So my brother is actually pretty cool. Good to know. The rest of our meal was spent in comfortable silence. I can already tell that I'm going to enjoy spending time with Kakashi. He reminds me of a kinder, less scary version of Itachi.

After our meal, we decided to go back to my new apartment so I can settle in. I looked around, and it's nice. It's not huge but not small either. It has two bedrooms, both with their own bathrooms, which I'm thankful for. The living room is a decent size, and the open floor plan with the kitchen and dining room makes it feel bigger than it probably is. Kakashi led me to the guest room on the right side of the hallway.

"You can have this room. Feel free to move anything around." He shrugged. "Let me know if you need something." He finished and then went to sit on the couch with a book. I can't tell which book from here, but I'm curious. What kind of books is he interested in?

Looking into my new room, its simple. I have a full sized bed, a bookshelf, and a desk as furniture. I decided to rearrange a little bit. I want the bed to be by the window. Since our hideouts are underground, or in caves, or rocks, I've never had a window, and I don't get to spend much time outside, so I want to be able to look outside whenever I want. So, I moved my bed by the window, with the bookshelf on the wall across from it and the desk next to it. When I was done with that, I unpacked my clothes and put them into my closet, and took out my pictures, and put them into the desk. It wouldn't be good if someone saw them. They're mostly of me and people in the Akatsuki. I kept the picture of me and my mom out, as well as a picture of my mom and Konan. Konan isn't well known, and they were wearing normal clothes in the picture, so there's no harm. Once I was unpacked, I sat on my bed for awhile, reading one of my books. It's about a ninja who saved the world, and it's a good read if I'm honest. After awhile, I realized something, and made my way out into the living room.

"Um, Kakashi?" I asked a little nervously. This isn't like me, but I'm still scared that he'll reject me.

"Yeah, what's up?" He said and closed his book, so he could give me his full attention.