Chapter 4

"Kaori, get up!" I groaned in annoyance at hearing Kakashi's voice yelling outside of my door.

"Go away!" I yelled and closed my eyes again. I am not a morning person.

"You're gonna be late! Get up!" He yelled again. I groaned in annoyance again before sitting up.

"Fine! I'm up! Happy now?!" I yelled bitterly. I heard him sigh on the other side of the door.

"God, why did I decide to take in a teenager?" I heard him mumble as the footsteps faded away from my door. I made a mental note to throw something at him before I leave for that comment. I mean seriously, does he think that I can't hear him?

I got out of bed and brushed through my hair and brushed my teeth before putting on my ninja outfit. I tied my headband around my forehead, leaving a couple of pieces of hair out on either side of my head, wrapped bandages around my left thigh and strapped a kunai pouch to it after filling it with an assortment of weapons, and I was ready to go. True to my thoughts, I grabbed my book before walking out of my room and chucked it at Kakashi's head as soon as I entered the living room. He caught it midair, and I glared at him.

"Good try. I see you're not a morning person." He said sarcastically. I narrowed my eyes more and walked over to him, snatching his piece of toast from his hand and walking out the door.

"I'll see you later." I called as I closed the door and shoved the toast in my mouth. It's not much, but it will have to do. I walked through the village and tried my best to remember where the academy is. Usually, I'm not one to care about being punctual, but I don't necessarily want to be late on my first day. I'm nervous enough as it is.

Finally, I found the academy and took a deep breath to calm my heart before walking inside and finding my classroom. I opened the door to find a very interesting sight. In the corner by the window, a boy with bright blonde hair and an orange jumpsuit was kissing another boy with black hair. I raised my eyebrow. What exactly am I getting myself into? These are kids my age?

"You must be Kaori." An older looking male said in a friendly tone. He's tan, has brown hair that's up in a pony tail and has a scar across his nose. I nodded in response, still taking in my surroundings. "Great! I'm Iruka, and I'll be placing you on a team today." He said with a smile. I smiled back. He seems really friendly. The rest of them, I'm not so sure. They look a little strange.

"Is it always like this?" I questioned, and pointed at the two who were just kissing. Now, there are two girls crowded around the boys, yelling incoherently. I sighed. Maybe I don't want to be around people my age.

"Unfortunately, yes. You'll get used to it though." He responded before turning and facing the class. "Alright, class settle down!" He said in a more stern tone. "Today, I'll be placing you all on teams of three or four. These will be your genin teams, led by a jonin sensei. We also have a new student." I could feel everyone's eyes on me, and I got nervous again. I'm a fairly shy person until I get to know someone. This is my worst nightmare. "Would you like to introduce yourself?" Iruka asked. I nodded and took a deep breath so my voice would be steady.

"My name is Kaori Hatake." I said much more confidently than I felt, and even added a smile for effect. I want these people to like me. After all, I need to get information from them about the Nine-Tails. All I know is that his name is Naruto. That's not a lot to go on. I'll need more to make Pain happy.

"Great, go find a seat Kaori." Iruka said and pushed me towards the class. I scanned the room and found an empty seat in the back row next to a kid who looks incredibly bored. I sat by him and listened to what Iruka was saying. Its not super important. Just that he enjoyed having everyone as his students and hopes that they all do well. He seems like a nice guy.