Chapter 7

We're in the Hokage's office getting a new mission, and Naruto started throwing a fit, as per usual, earning him a punch to the head from Kakashi and a lecture from Iruka and the Hokage. He wants a harder mission, and I kind of agree. Babysitting isn't exactly my idea of a ninja's job. We should be able to handle something more by now. But he's also got to learn some respect. Orders are orders.

"Fine! I will let you have a C-ranked mission." The Hokage said and sighed deeply. I must have missed something. Oh well! My eyes brightened at the idea of a harder mission. Finally! Something that's not pointless! I can't wait!

"Really?!" Naruto yelled. "Alright! We'll do great, believe it!" He said and gave a flashy smile to the Hokage.

"Yes. You'll be escorting someone to the Land of Waves." He said taking a big puff from his pipe.

"Who is it? A princess? A lord? An actress?!"  Naruto yelled while basically jumping up and down in place. I rolled my eyes.

"No, idiot. I doubt we'd get something like that as a C-ranked." I said bluntly.

"You are right, Kaori." The Hokage said and smiled at me. "I will bring him in now." He added and motioned for someone to be brought in. The door opened and in walked an old drunk man. I facepalmed. Great. This will be so fun.

"What? A bunch of damn kids?" He said and took a swig of sake. I rolled my eyes at him. "Are you really ninja? Especially you short one with the idiot face and the two girls with cotton candy hair." My eyes narrowed into a glare instantly. I could hear Sakura grumbling next to me, obviously just as upset. Naruto hadn't yet realized that the short one is him. My eyes narrowed more when I realized that he thought that only Sasuke could possibly be a ninja. That's not fair!

"I'll kill him!" Naruto yelled and started running at the client. Kakashi grabbed the back of his jacket quickly to stop him.

"You can't kill the client, Naruto. We have to protect him." He sighed. "Kaori, you too. I can see it from here that you want to." I sighed loudly and rolled my eyes.

"Fine. I won't try to kill the client. My hair is not like cotton candy though! Just because it's blue doesn't mean I can't be a ninja!" I shouted at him and crossed my arms over my chest. I know I'm acting like a child, but I honestly don't care. He didn't have to be so rude.

"My name is Tazuna. I am a bridge builder and you'll be protecting me until I return home and finish my bridge." Tazuna explained, clearly ignoring my outburst.

"Sounds good." Kakashi said with a closed eye smile to diffuse the ongoing tension. "Meet at the gates in 30 minutes." He instructed and our team disbanded to gather what we needed before leaving.

———————

"Are you ready to try your training, Kaori?" Kakashi asked after we had been walking for a bit while listening to Naruto ramble about leaving the village and becoming Hokage. He sure does have high hopes. I kind of hope he achieves them, even though I feel like it makes me a bad criminal.

"I can't do it and walk." I shrugged. I honestly don't want to train right now because of how irritating it would be to have to clear my mind with Naruto talking constantly. Just imagine what his thoughts sound like. Or Sakura's for that matter. I shuddered at the thought.

"Then I'll carry you." He said with a closed eye smile. I sighed.

"I'm not getting out of this, am I?" I said defeated. He shook his head at me and instructed me to climb on his back. At least I won't have to walk. That's a plus!

"Alright guys, listen for a minute. Kaori is going to try a new kind of training, and she has to read our minds to do it." Kakashi explained, and I activated my eyes.