Chapter 8

When I came to, Sasuke was slapping me. I glared at him and sat up while rubbing my eyes.

"What the hell?" I grumbled. He rolled his eyes at me.

"You overdid it, idiot." He said and helped me stand up. I looked around and Naruto was punching the ground and yelling.

"What did I miss?" I asked. Obviously something important. Naruto looks pissed.

"A tracker ninja from the Mist killed Zabuza before Kakashi-sensei could." Sasuke explained. I nodded in understanding. That would do it. I bet Naruto wanted to settle it himself, even though there's no way he could have. None of us could. We all have a lot of training to do.

"Naruto, sometimes these things happen. If you're that frustrated, use
it next time we fight." Kakashi explained before glancing back at me. "Kaori, glad to see you're up. Now we can continue our mission." He continued, giving me a closed eye smile. I nodded and ignored the eyes on me, and we all started walking in the direction of Tazuna's house. After only a few steps, Kakashi stopped and fell to the ground. I gasped and my eyes widened.

"Kakashi-sensei!" Sakura yelled as all of us ran to him.

"Is he okay?" Sasuke asked. He didn't actually sound concerned, but at least he's asking, right? That's at least something. I activated my shuhogan and looked at his chakra before gasping again.

"What?!" Naruto asked. I kept looking, trying to understand exactly what I was seeing. I'm no expert at analyzing chakra.

"Kaori!" Sasuke yelled, pulling me from looking at Kakashi. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow, silently asking what he wanted. "What's wrong?"

"He used most of his chakra, I think." I explained. "It seems the sharingan really takes it out of him."

"Will he be okay?" Tazuna asked. I nodded.

"It's a worse case of what I passed out from. He'll be fine, I think. He just needs to rest." I said in a confident tone. I'm actually not confident, but Tazuna doesn't need to worry. I mean, I'm not a doctor. Kakashi could actually be in danger, but I don't think so. He still has chakra, just not a lot of it.

"We can rest at my house. I'll help you carry him." Tazuna said and he and Sasuke picked Kakashi up off the ground and carried him as we walked towards Tazuna's house.

————-

"Kakashi! You're up!" I said happily when he finally woke up. I'm glad to see that I wasn't wrong in my assumption! He groaned and sat up on his bed.

"Where are we?" He questioned.

"Tazuna's house. We brought you here after you passed out." I explained. He nodded.

"Are you okay?" Tazuna's daughter, Tsunami asked.

"Yes. I won't be able to move easily for about a week though." He explained. I cocked my head to the side in confusion.

"But I had chakra depletion too, and I can move fine." I said curiously.

"I'm guessing you looked at my chakra levels?" I nodded. "The more you use, the longer it takes to recover." He explained. I nodded again. He must have used a dangerous amount, whereas I just used enough to make me exhausted. I really need to work on my stamina. I'm finding that I don't have much of it.

"It would be better if you didn't move for awhile." Tsunami said to Kakashi.

"Okay." Kakashi said in a defeated tone before laying back down. I gave him a small smile, trying to let him know that I care.

"Kakashi-sensei is awake!" Naruto exclaimed as the team and Tazuna entered the room Kakashi is staying in.

"Sensei, your sharingan is great and all, but if it puts this much strain on your body, it might not be worth it!" Sakura scolded.