Chapter 35

We ran as fast as we could to the hideout after realizing that the fight with fake Itachi was a diversion. Naruto was pissed and couldn't stop talking about how we have to save Gaara. The rest of us struggled to keep up with him, and I could tell he was borrowing some of the Nine-Tails chakra. His eyes kept turning red, and I could see the red chakra in him fuming when I used my shuhogan to sense for enemies. When we got to the hideout, Guy and his team were already waiting for us.

"It's a five point barrier." Kakashi observed, pointing to the seal on the boulder. I raised an eyebrow. I've never seen something like this. It's strange.

"What's that?" I asked curiously. Both he and Guy glanced at me. Hopefully I didn't ask a stupid question.

"It means that there are five seals like this one scattered around. We have to pull all five at the same time, or we won't be able to get in." Kakashi explained. I nodded in understanding.

"Neji, mind looking for them?" Guy asked Neji. I raised an eyebrow. I could've done it. I'm just as capable as Neji is.

"Kaori, can you see behind the boulder?" Kakashi asked me. I nodded and activated my shuhogan. I looked through the boulder and saw the outlines of what looked to be Deidara and Sasori. I also saw a huge statue looking thing and cocked my head to the side. What the hell is that? I don't see anyone else. No other chakra is present. Which is good and bad. Good, because I won't see anyone other than Dei and Sasori. They won't give my secret away. Bad, because I don't sense Gaara. Don't tell me they killed him? Is that what they wanted the jinchuriki for? But why?

"Kaori! Do you see Gaara?" Naruto asked impatiently. I sighed and shook my head. His eyes went wide. "We have to get in there! We have to save him!" He yelled and started banging on the boulder. Kakashi stopped him and glanced at me questionably.

"We should make a plan." Kakashi said, looking at me and Guy. There's definitely a hidden message in that sentence. My eyes widened, and I shook my head at Kakashi. He narrowed his eyes at me.

"I really don't like that you two communicate without words." Neji said bluntly. I rolled my eyes. Kakashi dragged me over to Guy, and Neji followed us.

"You need to tell them." Kakashi said firmly. I shook my head. Both Neji and Guy looked at me curiously.

"That's not part of the deal." I just just as firmly.

"It could change the outcome of the mission, Kaori. You're being selfish." He said bluntly.

"Tell us what?" Neji asked in an irritated voice.

"Let the power of youth guide you!" Guy yelled enthusiastically. I rolled my eyes. He's so weird.

"The power of youth is telling me to keep my fucking mouth shut." I muttered.

"Kaori." Kakashi warned. I rolled my eyes. I really don't want to do this. It changes everything. Neji and I just became friends. Guy is one of my sensei. I don't want them to look at me differently. I sighed and began. Knowing Kakashi, he'll tell them if I don't.

"The two in there. I know them." I said bluntly. Neji's eyes widened and Guy looked shocked. "Deidara is the younger one. He uses explosives. Sasori is the other. He uses puppets and poison. They're dangerous. We shouldn't take them lightly." I said and looked away before I could see whatever horrible looks they were giving me. I refuse to tell them anything more. They don't need to know.

"How do you know them?" Neji sneered. I shook my head.

"That's none of your damn business." I scoffed. Kakashi gave me a warning look. I narrowed my eyes at him. I'm not happy that he made me tell as much as I did. Guy put his hands on my shoulders.