Chapter 34

"Kaori!" I heard Kakashi yell and try to shake my door open. I sat up quickly, clutching the sheets to my chest.  "Kaori, why is your door locked? We have a mission, come on!" He yelled again. I glanced down at Shika and he's still sound asleep. Typical.

"Shit." I muttered under my breath. "Ummm I'll just meet you there, okay?" I yelled out, and climbed over Shika to find clothes to wear.

"Hurry up, we're already late!" He yelled, and I heard footsteps fade away and the front door close. I took a deep breath. That was close. Thank god I locked the door.

"Shika, wake up!" I yelled and shook him, ignoring the fact that I never found clothes. He groaned and swatted my hand away. I facepalmed. "I have a mission! Get up!" I said and shook him again. He turned over, still sound asleep. I sighed. Why does he have to be such a sound sleeper? I looked at him for a few moments, debating what to do. I decided to be rude, as usual to wake him up. I smirked and sat on his waist, straddling him. I leaned down and kissed his neck in a way I know drives him crazy. I felt him tense under me and felt hands on my back.

"What are you doing?" He asked in the cutest morning voice ever. I stopped kissing him and sat up with a smirk on my face.

"Waking you up." I said bluntly. He looked me up and down, and I raised an eyebrow. I very suddenly realized that I'm not wearing clothes and blushed a thousand shades of red and pulled a blanket over me. He laughed and pushed me off of him. I fell over and buried my face in his shoulder.

"Realize you're not wearing clothes, troublesome woman?" He teased and turned to face me, brushing hair behind my ear. I blushed a deeper shade of red and nodded. He laughed again. "It's not like I haven't seen you without a shirt before." He laughed.

"Shut up." I grumbled. He lifted my chin and kissed me gently.

"You don't have to be embarrassed. I love you, Kaori." He said and pulled me closer to him. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck. He always knows what to say. It's actually amazing.

"I love you too." I said and kissed him. He rolled us so he was on top of me and tried to deepen the kiss. I smiled and pushed him back. "As much as I would love to do this, I have a mission, and I'm already late." I said and pouted slightly. Shika narrowed his eyes at me.

"So you're just a tease?" He asked. I laughed at him and sat up, pushing him back.

"Maybe." I teased and kissed him quickly before getting up and actually finding clothes to wear. Shika sighed and did the same. I settled for navy leggings and a black cropped tank top with my jonin jacket unzipped over it. I ran a brush through my waist length hair and strapped on my weapon pouches before being ready to go.

"I'll walk you to the Hokage's office." Shika said and took my hand in his before leading me out of my apartment and through the village.

"How mad do you think Tsunade will be?" I mused. I'm slightly worried about the fact that Kakashi is more on time than I am. I really need to work on punctuality. Shika laughed.

"Who knows. It's your first mission as a team. She'll probably give you something that's not too troublesome." He said with a shrug. I nodded.

"Hopefully. Getting used to working with Naruto again will be an adjustment." I said and shook my head. "He's so impulsive." I grumbled.

"And you're not?" Shika teased. I rolled my eyes.

"That's different." I argued. Shika gave me a knowing look. "Okay, hear me out. I'm not an idiot. I at least somewhat think impulsive things through before doing them." I said and gave him a closed eye smile.