Chapter 50

"You idiot! You tried to take over the fucking world?! I can't believe you!" I yelled and slapped Sasuke's head. He sent me a mean glare, but he currently doesn't have access to chakra, so it's whatever. He can't hurt me.

"It's been a month, Kaori, can you just let it go?" He said flatly. I scoffed.

"No, I can't just let it go! What if Tsunade doesn't agree to pardon you? Then what?!" I yelled as my heart rate increased. He rolled his eyes at me.

"Then I guess I'll die." I glared at him.

"Oh yeah, cause that's real productive." I said sarcastically. I don't want Sasuke to die. He may be an idiot, but I think he finally realizes that he made a huge mistake. He should get a second chance.

"I'm sorry, okay. Is that what you want to hear?" He said pointedly. My eyes widened.

"You're apologizing? You?" I said in disbelief. I don't think Sasuke has ever apologized to me. Like ever.

"Yes. Don't push your luck." He warned. I rolled my eyes.

"What are you gonna do? Hit me with a chidori?" I bit back. He let out an aggravated sigh, and I smirked at him. "I guess some things never change, huh pretty boy?" I teased. He let out a small laugh.

"I guess this does feel pretty familiar. It's kinda nice, I guess." He responded. I raised an eyebrow.

"You're more talkative than usual. What's up?" He shrugged.

"I feel like I owe that much to you. You and Naruto always stuck by my side, even if I didn't see it." I rolled my eyes.

"You don't have to change your personality just because I still claim you as a friend, idiot." I said with a small smile. He looked at me with curious eyes, probably wondering how I can still be nice to him. "At least your vocabulary seems to have improved since the last time I saw you." I teased.

"Hn." He said with a smirk on his face. I smiled and rolled my eyes. It's been good to have Sasuke back, even if he is being held in a jail cell with no access to any kind of chakra. I've been to visit him pretty much every day since we got back from the war. I have to say, I really missed him.

"I'm glad you decided not to take over the world. Fighting you would have been a pain in the ass." I admitted. He shook his head at me.

"You couldn't beat me now even if you tried." He teased. I rolled my eyes. Still the arrogant asshole I knew five years ago.

"Actually, I'm pretty sure I could kick your ass into the ground right now since you can't use chakra." I said pointedly. He rolled his eyes at me.

"You were right about Itachi." Sasuke said sadly. My eyes softened. "I should have listened to you."

"I wish I was wrong and he was evil. It would make his death easier." I admitted. Sasuke nodded and gave a 'hn.' "Hey, when you get out of here, we should train together again. We're still pretty much tied you know." I smirked, changing the subject. Sasuke smirked back.

"Not for long. I'm not the same as I was before I left the village." He bragged. I rolled my eyes.

"What? You think I've don't nothing for the last five years, pretty boy?" I teased. He let out a small laugh.

"Kakashi trained you, right?" I nodded. "You might be able to keep up." He teased with a smirk. I scoffed.

"You're so arrogant." I laughed. He rolled his eyes.

"So, you and Shikamaru actually ended up together?" He asked. I raised an eyebrow.

"You actually want to talk about my love life? Who are you and what have you done with Sasuke?" I teased and narrowed my eyes. He rolled his eyes.