Chapter 33

"Kakashi!" I yelled when I found him on a random rooftop. I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at him. Even though we fight as a team all the time, I still want to at least talk before our fight with Sakura and Naruto. He can read his stupid book later.

"Yo!" He said and then ignored me to go back to his stupid porn book. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Don't 'yo' me!" I shouted at him. He sighed and looked up from his book with an annoyed look on his face. "We should at least figure out a strategy before the fight." I suggested. Kakashi shrugged.

"Easy. Fight whichever one comes after you. Don't let them get the bell." He explained bluntly and went back to his book. I rolled my eyes.

"What about teamwork?" I reminded him pointedly. He glared at me and put the book down again.

"They will figure out quick enough that they'll need teamwork to beat one of us. We work together fine. Just follow my lead." He explained. I narrowed my eyes. He's not usually this arrogant. We know nothing about the training Naruto has done. We shouldn't go in blind.

"Sakura can almost beat me." I pointed out.

"In taijutsu." He countered. "Tsunade doesn't let you spar Sakura with ninjutsu or genjutsu because you'd win easily." He explained. "Now, go away and let me read. Go bother Shikamaru or something." He grumbled. I rolled my eyes and began to walk away.

"Actually, I'd like to talk to you both." Jiraiya said, stopping me in my tracks. Where the hell did he come from? I turned around and found him standing in between me and Kakashi.

"Both of us?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. What could be so important that he needs to talk to both of us? That's odd.

"What do you think, Kakashi? It's my finest work yet." He asked, completely ignoring me. I narrowed my eyes at him. Legendary sannin or not, it's rude to ignore people.

"I wouldn't know. Someone keeps distracting me." Kakashi sneered, sending me a glare that I gladly returned.

"Well, I'll tell you, the research I did to write that novel was top notch." He said with a smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes. Gross. And this is who Naruto spent three years with? Hopefully he didn't pick up any bad habits.

"You wanted to talk to us? I'm guessing it's not about the books." I said bluntly. He narrowed his eyes slightly at me.

"Right. I'm leaving Naruto in your care, as promised, Kakashi." He started, and then glanced at me. "But I have a concern." He said bluntly, and glared at me. "You were a member of the Akatsuki, yes?" He asked bluntly. My eyes widened. I knew he didn't trust me.

"I was. They raised me after my mother died. I left them three years ago." I explained shortly.

"Do you still have contact with them?" He asked and narrowed his eyes more. I raised an eyebrow. Is he trying to imply that he knows about me meeting Dei? No. Surely not. I've been very careful.

"No." I lied, and narrowed my eyes at him. "Look, I understand the distrust, but I can assure you that I've done nothing wrong." I said confidently. That much is true. In my mind, meeting a good friend is not wrong, even if our ideals don't exactly match up.

"Kakashi?" Jiraiya asked. Kakashi glanced at me before looking back at Jiraiya lazily.

"She's followed every rule that I or Tsunade have given her. She passed interrogation from Ibiki. Tsunade even trained her and made her a jonin. She will not be a threat to Naruto. If anything, she's one of the best ones to protect him." He assured. I smiled softly at his confidence in me. Since I made the choice to stay here, his confidence has never faltered. I got very lucky when he became my brother.