Chapter 5

Last night, I made a decision to sleep in past five, despite Kakashi's instructions. I'm usually too scared to disobey orders, but if yesterday was any indicator, Kakashi has my habit of tardiness. Or I guess, I have his habit, since he's older. Anyways, I imagine that he will be late. And my hatred of mornings outweighs my fear of Kakashi. So, I woke up at seven and began to get ready for this survival test. I did my usual morning stuff before getting dressed and strapping on my filled kunai pouches. I decided to check to see if Kakashi was awake already or not before leaving my room, just in case I was wrong.

I activated my eyes and tried my best to sense another presence in the apartment. My eyes allow me to see through walls and see a person's chakra, as well as hear them better. I'm basically a sensory ninja in the making. I'm just not very good at this ability yet. I looked in the direction of Kakashi's room and tried my best to sense his chakra. After a few minutes of trying, I finally saw it. He's still laying in bed, and from what I can hear of his breathing, he's still sleeping. Good! Just what I thought!

I snuck out of my room as quietly as I could and made my way to the kitchen. I know he said not to eat, but I'm starving. And we can't very well pass a survival test on an empty stomach, so I'm going to eat something. I grabbed some rice balls that I made last night for a snack and started eating them before I walked out of the apartment and towards the training grounds. It was about eight in the morning when I got there, and I saw the other three struggling to stay awake. I chuckled and smiled at them as I approached.

"YOU'RE LATE!" Sakura and Naruto yelled and pointed at me. I scoffed.

"Kakashi is still sleeping. I'm not fucking late." I said pointedly.

"How do you know he's still sleeping?" Naruto asked suspiciously.

"Language!" Sakura yelled and glared at me. I ignored her.

"We live together, idiot." I said to Naruto and rolled my eyes.

"Wait, why?" He asked again. I sighed. He really is dense.

"We're siblings, remember?" I said and sat down next to Sasuke who was leaning up against a post. Sakura sent me daggers, and I just smirked at her and remembered my goal to make Sasuke my best friend to annoy her.

"Oh yeah! I knew that, believe it!" Naruto yelled and pointed at me. I nodded, not showing that I very much knew that he didn't know that.

"So, Sasuke, do you ever talk, or do you just glare at things and expect us to know what you're thinking?" I said sarcastically. If only he knew that I could actually know what he's thinking if I chose to.

"Hn." He glared at me.

"Damn, your vocabulary sure is expansive." I teased and his glare intensified. I just rolled my eyes. He may think he's terrifying, but he hasn't been on the receiving end of one of Hidan or Pain's threats. His glares are nothing comparatively.

"Language!" Sakura shouted again. I shot her a glare.

"Sakura, if you tell me to watch my language again, I swear I will beat your ass!" I yelled.

"Kaori, language." I heard Kakashi say in a bored tone as he approached. I groaned and fell over dramatically. He would choose now to show up.

"YOU'RE LATE!" Sakura and Naruto yelled and pointed at Kakashi, like they had done to me before. Kakashi gave them a closed eye smiled.

"Well, a black cat crossed my path, so I had to take the long way." He said nonchalantly. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah right, you were totally sleeping when I left." I mumbled, loud enough that he could hear me. He glared at me before continuing. I'm sure I'll pay for that later.