Chapter 17

Lauren jogged down a steep sidewalk swaying her head to the music filling her ears. She felt her ponytail go side from side.

She stopped for a bit and saw a smoothie shop, she approached it taking her headphones out of her ears.

Lauren stepped inside and ordered two smoothies and quickly stepped out, deciding to walk for the rest of the way-which wasn't that far ahead.

Once she reached Camila's house, she noticed that their were people in suits around the house.

Lauren scrunched her nose and wiped some sweat from her brow, walking towards the door.

"Lauren!" Alejandro approached Lauren and put his hand out.

Lauren gladly shook it, considering she was a bit sweaty from the run.

"What's with all the men in suits?" Lauren asked.

"Oh them! They've been trying to bargain with me and get Camila on their boss's record deal. But, you know, they ain't a match for Alejandro." He and Lauren laughed.

"Well, how long have they been here?" Lauren questioned.

"An hour. They're on their phones arguing with their bosses. Ah, I'm keeping you up, Karla's upstairs." Alejandro patted Lauren on the shoulder.

"Thanks, Ale!" Lauren smiled at him, going inside the house.

She went upstairs and opened Camila's door quietly to see Camila's back to her.

She set the smoothies down and sneaked up behind Camila.

She put her hands on either sides of Camila's face and put them over her eyes.

"Guess who, Karla?" Lauren sung.

"Did you just call me Karla?" Camila laughed, putting her hands over Lauren's and pulling them off softly.

"Yes," Lauren laughed as Camila stood up and faced her.

"Too bad, I'm your Camz." Camila teased walking over and sitting on her bed.

Lauren stood there dumbfounded and went over to Camila.

"Camz, my Camz."

"Sure you're not looking for Karla?" Camila asked.

"I'm sure, I even brought my Camz a smoothie." Lauren smiled at Camila.

"Did you really?" Camila grinned.

Lauren walked over and grabbed Camila's smoothie, handing it over to her.

Camila grasped it but set it down on the small dresser next to her. She got up and tackled Lauren with a hug.

"I'm sweaty, Camz." Lauren laughed.

"And I don't care." Camila replied gripping Lauren's shirt and hugging her tightly as Lauren put her arms around Camila's waist.

"Alright, anyways, I'm really happy about those views. How many now?" Lauren asked.

"Let me check!" Camila exclaimed pulling back and kissing Lauren on the cheek before going to her computer.

"3 MILLION VIEWS!" Camila exclaimed.

"Holy shit. Baby girl, this counts as a celebration." Lauren stated.

-

"This place is quite beautiful," Camila said. The two decided to go to a fancy coffee and tea place. They sat across each other and started to talk.

"Lo, tell me about your family." Camila said.

"My family?"

"Yes. You rarely talk about them," Camila furrowed her eyebrows.

"Well, I have a brother and sister. Chris and Taylor, they're younger than me so they're both in high school still."

"Aw, that's cute. Chris, Taylor, and Lauren."

"I'd like you to meet them sometime," Lauren said smiling at Camila.

Camila smiled back at Lauren and kept drinking her tea wanting Lauren to go on.

"My parents, my mom works as a doctor and my dad is a lawyer, so they're pretty busy. I'm going to the house to visit on Thanksgiving. But, also, I'd really like to invite your family over for Thanksgiving dinner. My mom always loved when I bring over friends, she loves cooking." Lauren explained as Camila stared at her with a smile on her face.

"I'd love that, I'll ask my parents about it. It'd be fun, really. Do your parents live in Miami?"

"Yes, they do. They live 45 minutes away from Miami U."

"Why don't you live with them then?"

"Too much nagging. With Ally and Normani, I'm pretty free since they don't care if I stay out late or bring someone over. They're my friends, my other family, you know?"

"College life sounds fun,"

"Well superstar, college life might not be your life if you get famous." Lauren smirked.

"That's such a big idea to grasp." Camila muttered.

"What?"

"Being famous, making it out there. Having people look up to you and being watched." Camila said tapping her fingers on the table.

"You don't want people looking up to you? You'd be a great role model, babe." Lauren gazed at Camila.

"But what if I do something wrong? I'd be messing with people and it gives people who hate me, more of a reason to hate me." Camila looked away from Lauren.

Lauren grabbed Camila's hand and held it. "Fuck what people think, don't worry about them. All you have to worry about is the people who love you and people who you love, that's all. If someone doesn't know you or knows what kind of person you really are, then why should their opinion matter, Camz?"

"Thank you, Lo." Camila said looking up at Lauren.

"No problem, Camz. Now let's go and meet up with some people to eat." Lauren stated with a smile, drinking some more of her coffee.

$/@:$:&:$:&€\£\>|¥|€|£||

A/N: just a quick New Year's Eve update loves ❤️❤️❤️