Part 8

I had never even thought about it, how the elders would have reacted ? I never tried noticing it, What I did was it right? I realized that I should not have left the hall. I knew Govind was not going to tell me about it so I had to go to someone else and I knew who it should be.    

"Ask Mahamantri Vidur if he is not busy, can I meet him?" I said to a maid. After waiting for a while the maid appeared and said that I was allowed inside. I went in slowly. It would be my first conversation with him. How was I going to talk to him about it. "Are you busy Mahamantri Vidur" I asked him to confirm once again. He turned towards me and replied "No, not at all actually I was getting bored. You were very bold today in the assembly hall. I hope you didn't feel bad about his words". "No not at all but I could not bear them in front of me. That is what I to talk to you about" I said hesitantly. "Sure why not, what do you wan to know?" he asked.What I did in the hall was it the right thing to do" I asked not able to suppress my question anymore. "Yes it was, the right thing to do but you should have stayed back to listen to the oath Jayadrath had made" he answered.

 "Yes it was, the right thing to do but you should have stayed back to listen to the oath Jayadrath had made" he answered

I did not know he had made a oath, what if the oath was a very harsh one. Maybe he deserved punishment but not a harsh one. "What oath did he make Mahamantri Vidur" I asked eagerly, I just could not wait. "He declared in front of everyone that either he will make you his second wife or he will die at the hands of your husband" said Mahamantri Vidur. So, this is what he wanted me to become his second wife. I left  the room without saying anything to him, right now I could not comprehend anything. I was on the way to my room when I saw a hand block my path. I looked up to see it was Jayadrath, for the first time I had seen him so closely. I had not noticed it before but now I realized that he was old, quiet old to marry Dushala. She really deserved someone better. I felt really bad for her, how would she a young girl live with a man like him who doesn't even know to respect women.

 I felt really bad for her, how would she a young girl live with a man like him who doesn't even know to respect women

"What is it that you want King Jayadrath" I asked irritated. "Don't you know that you are going to be my wife soon after I marry Dushala?" he asked with a smirk on his face. "Wipe that smirk off your face King. People don't see dreams in broad daylight, but maybe to do it too often" I said almost shouting. "Relax my princess, I know you are not happy know but you will adjust to it soon" he replied. He held my hand very tight the bangles broke causing a deep wound in my skin. I had never shed a drop of blood till now, but this ill mannered King had done so. "How dare you touch me?" I shouted, only making his grip tighter on me he said that "Once you become mine you will get a habit of all this" he said this smiling again. His grip was just too hard for me to bear and it was getting harder moment by moment. He pulled me closer to himself and now my hand was on his shoulder, I quickly removed it from there. He was looking into my eyes I shifted my gaze to see anyone for help, but no one was there. Suddenly I spotted Angraj Karn and Mahamahim Bhishma talking and going to another corridor. 

I shouted " Mahamahim Bhishma, Angraj Karn" they looked at me and were shocked to see Jayadrath do that to me they rushed and came to my help. Seeing this Jayadrath left me and immediately retreated backwards, bumping into a pillar. "Putri Draupadi are you fine" Mahamahim asked with concern in his voice." Mahamahim this Jayadrath grabbed me by force and did not let me go even when I asked him to leave me" I complained. "Princess there is blood oozing out from your hand, please let me see it" said Angraj Karn. He held my hand and I did not resist it Jayadrath was surely jealous of him. But Karn's grip was nothing like Jayadrath's grip. His hands were very soft unlike his. I was surprised to see a warriors hand so soft. Whenever I held Dhri's hands, they were hard, though not very hard, but still not so soft. The sensation of Karn's hands touching mine was very comforting. He and Pitama led me to the doctor who treated me with utmost care. Everyone was good her except this Jayadrath. Whom should I tell my feelings to, I was wondering. Now I was scared of Jayadrath for the first time I was scared of somebody. I wanted to face him but I could not gather the courage to so.

I thought talking to a woman about it would help. The only woman whom I saw would be perfect was Queen Gandhari. So, I went to her chamber and told her everything about what happened. After listening to everything she asked to see my hand, maybe she needed some proof to believe my story. She was shocked to see such deep wounds. I had not worn bangles from the day I encountered Jayadrath. She said that "I will speak to him personally and warn him about it if he does anything then he will not be forgiven this time. As you have approached the Queen you will surely get justice". This gave me some peace but I was still not safe from him so I requested my family members to return to Panchal.