Part 47

At the 101th time, Krishna called his ultimate weapon , the Sudarshan Chakra. The Chakra cut off the head of the King of Sedhi and that was the end of Shishupala!

After all the kings had retired to their chambers all of us including Govind had gone on the roof to celebrate the sucessfull completion of the event by flying kites. Govind had challenged all my husbands that they could not win over him in kite-flying. 

"No Madhav you under estimated us" said Arjun.

"So let's see then" replied Govind.

I was watching everyone do that wonderful activity. I had seen it for the first time in my life. It looked to satisfying. But when I looked at Govind blood was oozing out of his hand and he seemed not to care about it. 

"Govind" I cried.

"Yes Sakhi" he said really politely.

"Blood is coming out of your hand." I said.

"It's a really small wound it does not matter" he said.

"It does" I said.

I went near him and pulled out a piece of cloth from my dress and tied it to his hand. 

"Is it paining?" I asked.

He shook his head in a no. 

"Don't lie Govind, I know it is hurting" I said

"It is not and this is the truth. When you all are with me nothing can hurt me" he said.

So sweet of him say this but I still thought that it was hurting him I could see some kind of pain in his eyes, which I did not know was for this wound or something else. Maybe something bigger, he looked at me intently when I was tying the cloth around his wrist.

"Sakhi you know there are times when you are in so much rage that you think about yourself and nothing else in this world but it is at that moment that your true self is shown to others, although you have done nothing wrong you have to bear some extreme consequences of someone else's mistakes and someone else's hate" he said with a sigh.

"Is anything wrong going to happen Govind?" I asked.

"Maybe" he remarked.

"Tell me Govind. I know that you can see the future, I want to know about it" I asked angrily.

" Sakhi! Who told you that I can see the future? No one can see the future, I can just guess the coming situation according to the behavior of a person" He said slightly astonishingly.

That afternoon was slightly restless had I know what was going happen during that evening I would never let that moment come into my life. After talking to Govind I had realised that something really bad was going to happen. Had I know that it would happen so soon I would have stopped it much before. And that was the biggest factor that led to my ruin in the dyut sabha.