Part 19

"When Angraj was not allowed to do it for prince Duryodhan than how can you be given that right?" I continued. "It was what we had decided, we could not think anything else for this problem" he said. "But would this not be injustice to me? I had loved you and wanted you to be my husband, and why should the fruit of your hard work go to someone else?" I questioned. "You are right Draupadi, then maybe............

"Then Maybe, you should return back to your father, he can arrange a swayamvar for you again and you can marry again" he said with tears in his eyes. It felt so bad for being the reason for such a great warrior crying, I wanted to be the reason behind his smile not his sadness. It felt more bad to hear what he had said. "What about my reputation prince Arjun?"I asked him."Would the world not make fun of me, what would everyone say about me, does that not matter to you prince?"I asked again. 

"It does matter princess Draupadi,but if not this then what is the solution to this problem?" he asked

"It does matter princess Draupadi,but if not this then what is the solution to this problem?" he asked. "If a tree is burnt then the creeper attached to it is also burnt, do you consider that I am not even comparable to that creeper"I said him barely able to say anything between my sobs. "No, please don't say that" he replied. "Please forgive me princess" he said and went away. "No Arjun don't go please"I cried. But he did not turn around and went away, I could see him wiping his tears. 

What would I do now, I tried to  think of something good, so I started thinking about Govind. I could now feel the peace inside me which had sprung up just by his name. I could remember his smile, when I opened my eyes I could see him approaching to me with his charming smile.

I decided that what I had to do, I knew what would my next step be. I got up really confident this time. I reached near the hut and saw everyone thinking really hard. I could see everyone tense as I had been. Mother Kunti saw me coming "Draupadi come dear, we have decided what has to be done with the situation" she said. "No injustice would be done to you, you and Arjun will be married and-and all my other sons will renounce everything and live in the forest forever" she said. It was foolish of me to think only about myself, I never thought about Mother Kunti and about her situation. "Please don't allow your sons to do so, I thought of bringing happiness to your family how can I be the cause of your unhappiness. I know about your situation in Hastinapur, If your eldest son renounces the world then the kingdom would pass into the hands of Duryodhan and that would not at all be good for the future of Aryavarth and that is why I have made a decision" I said confidence filled in my voice. 

"I have decided that..............that I-I would.....marry all your...........five sons"I said at last. I saw everyone looked at me and the expression on their face told me that they thought that I was out of my mind.

 I saw everyone looked at me and the expression on their face told me that they thought that I was out of my mind

 But then I heard my father shout "Impossible". "How dare you do that with my daughter?"he shouted. He took my hand and made me sit in the chariot. Without speaking a word to them he took me back to the palace. I could see tears in everyone's eyes. "Father, why did you do it, you should have left me to my destiny"I asked. "I brought you back because the destiny only wanted it to happen and besides I would not let them even put their eyes on you now" he replied in anger. "But father....." I tried to say but he cut me in between. "No buts now you are only going to do what I say, do you not believe that your father will only think of your good" he asked me. "Of course father I do" I replied. He asked me to go to my room and even my siblings tried to sooth me.

It was the end of the day now, the sun had set but the night was far from over

It was the end of the day now, the sun had set but the night was far from over. I slowly got to my room and cried to my hearts content. Now only Govind could make me happy. I saw him coming to me but again thought that it was an illusion like the one near the river. But this time it was not a illusion, it was for real.