Part 39

Krishna called Vishwakarma, the architect of the Devas to help the Pandavas construct Indraprastha. Vishwakarma, also called Maya also built the royal palace. The palace was famous for its grandeur and illusions. The floor of the palace was built with illusions and walls were encrusted with precious stones.

Time was passing smoothly when one day I and Aarya Yudhisthir were playing a game of dice in my room and I was rolling the dice.He was in love with Gambling and drinking wine and stopping him for that was really difficult so I did not give it another try. I was the only regular partner he got for that because his other brothers were not interested and the ministers played seldomly with him so I was the only one left now.

 Suddenly out of no where Arjun came in and we were shocked to see him inside, he picked up his Gandiv and rushed out of the room as if he was in a hurry. I could not see the expression oon his face but I knew that something was wrong otherwise he would have not entered the room after all he knew the law and the penalty of doing so.

 I could not see the expression oon his face but I knew that something was wrong otherwise he would have not entered the room after all he knew the law and the penalty of doing so

I looked at Yudhisthir and he seemed equally disturbed so, we went behind him. Arjun sat on his horse and went away. 
I was really shocked at this now this was something I had not expected. All the other Pandavas came over to us and Sahadev explained everything

" A Brahman came to Arjuna and said that a deer has taken his Yagna Danda which is necessary for the fire sacrifices and requested Arjuna to fetch it, a Brahman can ask a Kshatriya any help and they cannot turn him down".

I was so depressed at this, why did he had to do that could he just not send someone else to fetch it.

We all were standing on the stairs when Arjun came back on his horse.

"Arjun you don't need to go to exile we have forgiven you" said Yudhisthir

"No, the rule remains same for everyone, no one gets forgiven and please don't stop me from following my dharm" said Arjun.

He got down and came near us. I could see guilt on his face. He was feeling sorry for what he did maybe or because he hurt all of us. He went to Yudhisthir and touched his feet and asked for blessings to stay safe during his exile, he blessed him and then hugged him. Then he went to Bheem and touched his feet too, he gave him the blessing that he might be able to tackle all the problems that come his way and gave him a bone crushing hug. Arjun hugged both Nakul and Sahadev then came to Govind. He was about to touch his feet but Govind stopped him. Govind said

"No you and me are the same age".

So Arjun hugged him also.

Then finally after what seemed a lifetime he came to me and said.

"I am sorry Panchali".

"Its not your fault, you just followed your dharm" I said with lot of courage. I wanted to hug him too but I controlled my self somehow. I knew that he would not be able to enter the palace now so I had ordered the maids to bring the clothes of bark for him. He changed the clothes outside and again said

" I am really sorry Panchali you are sad because of me please forgive me".

"No, you would learn to live without me and I will learn to have patience and wait for you to return" I said.

With that he left the palace and tears started flowing down I did not try to stop them because I did not wanted to.