Part 16

He was so tall and handsome, I came upto his neck, he was the perfect man any woman would have wanted. He kept the bow in its place and saluted it again and came back to me, took the garland from the maid and garlanded me. A loud applause was heard after this from my family and his brothers. I was lost in his eyes, they were hazel brown in color, I had noticed them in the temple only.

"If you wanted your daughter to be married to a Brahman then why did you invite us at all? Was it to show that you are greater and more powerful than all of us?" said an angry Duryodhan."It was for not for both of them, I had thought that someone of these powerful kingdoms could have won the hand of my daughter, but I you proved me wrong, so I have to give my daughter in marriage to this Brahman, who is better than all of you in archery"said father. "Don't say that Maharaj Drupad, had your daughter not stopped my friend from participating he would have already won her by now" Duryodhan remarked. "If you have even a bit of self respect left in you, come with me to finish this Brahman and this proud princess right over here" said Duryodhan. His words had hit the right target. The other brothers of Arjun had left to make the preparations for my arrival, and only the muscular one and Arjun was left.

"Stay behind princess, now it is my duty to protect you from everything" said Arjun. I was really happy at this, we were not even married and he was already protective for me. "Don't do that friend, it is his day of enjoyment and he has proved that Brahmans are no less than Kshatriyas, I would lift the weapons but I would not be able to attack him" said Angraj Karn. 

"It is only because of you friend that I am leaving him" said Duryodhan

"It is only because of you friend that I am leaving him" said Duryodhan. He, Karn and Gandhar Raj Shakuni left the all with all other kings following them. 

Arjun turned towards me and smiled. "I hope they did not scare you princess" he asked. "Do you think that I am so weak, even if you had not been here I would have not protected myself and I am as good at archery as you"I said proudly. "Is it?" he asked, "Of course" I said. He smiled with his lips almost touching his ears. I turned towards father to ask for his blessings "Father please allow me to go with my destiny" I asked. "My blessings are always with you, my dear, you have my permission to go with your destiny" he replied. 

I turned towards him, but turned again towards Govind, I could not go without taking his approval. I joined my hands and greeted him, he smiled in return and nodded his head and smiled. Now I was convinced that I was on the right path. "Shall we go" Arjun asked. "Yeah" I replied.  

                                                               *************************************

Sorry for short updates, but I m not having much time so, I cannot write big chapters. Hope you like them. besides I have other books also, please excuse me :)