Part 23

We talked about battle formations, his first wife Hidimba and his son Ghatotkach, then we talked about his other brothers and their back biting. I noticed that he was really shy in front of me, but even after being so big and muscular he was the cutest person I had seen in my life. It was really late that we finished all the subjects of the world we could think of and dozed off to a deep sleep by the bed.

When I woke up I was not surprised to see him still asleep. I got up as gently as possible but just when I stepped on the ground he got up. "Oh, its just you" he said relieved. Maybe he was trained to be so alert as a warrior or you could say his warrior instincts. "I need to go today its my marriage with Arjun, your younger brother" I said. "Yeah sure you may leave" he said and bid me good bye.

I rushed to my room as fast as I could. I was really excited and happy after all today was the day I had waited for all my life. My happiness knew no bounds. I got ready. "Don't give us the same reply you gave us yesterday about your first night" said Rukmini. "So, I will say what I said yesterday" I replied. They seemed annoyed with my answer. After getting ready I walked to the marriage hall with both them by my side.

Arjun was there smiling ever so brightly. I looked at Govind even he was smiling but his smile was to tease me. I went and sat beside Arjun. He was looking at me and just as I saw him doing that my heart beat increased and became louder, I feared that everyone might be able to hear it. But it looked like no one even noticed it. So after that all the ceremony went on really smoothly. I could not stop smiling all through the wedding. I looked at him and even he had the same reaction. 

I was the happiest person in the world today

I was the happiest person in the world today. Everything seemed so perfect. I was waiting in the room he entered the room without me getting to know about it, he was really swift with that. "You seem really happy today, won't you tell me the reason for it" 

"What else, its you, I finally got what I had wished all my life for, now reaching my goal with you will be easier, I mean with all of you" I said.

"Your goal?" he asked.

"Are you the only one who has a goal in life?" I asked.

"No, I mean you know what kind of goal I have, to become a really good archerer, but I never knew even you had a goal" he said surprised.

"Of course I was born with a goal, to destroy the evil and free mother earth of all her sufferings" I said.

"Oh that's your goal" he said.

I was really upset, I thought that he knew about it and would appreciate me for my goal's choice, although it was not a choice. I went to the balcony and looked at the moon, he came from behind and kept his hand upon mine. He smiled softly looking at me. I smiled back, because now I knew that I would never be able to be away and angry from him for long. Time just slipped away when I was with him. I hope this moment never ends but it has to end at some point of time. We talked and talked till we got tired of each other and that moment never came.