Part 63

I did not say anything more and left the room. Without even turning back to look even once.

*************

Today's events had completely made me lose my trust on everyone present. Why did good loose and fell weak in front of evil. Was this what we all deserved? Was this the fruit of commiting no sin all through life? My mind could not comprehend anything properly now, but suddenly a thouhgt struk my mind. I was pregnant. And I was not sure that my child was alive or not till now, oh god panic and tension filled my mind. I could not lose my child like this no, I couldn't let that happen to this unborn one. 

I was walking towards my chamber and then turned towards the hakim's house. I was very worried. I was disheved with blood coming from my wounds but still I could not stop my steps I wanted to know now. Was my child still alive? Or had it died with my tears. 

I entered her house and she was very surprised to see me, she might have thought that I have come to her for my wounds but when I told her what I really came for she started looking for things and asked me to lie on the bed. 

"Samragi, I will make you conconsious for a while. Is that fine?" she asked.

"Yes it very much fine" I said. After that, I didn't know what happened. 

When I got up next, I was surprised to find myself in my room and the wounds on my body had been cleaned up and I was lying on the bed. I looked all around the room and found my husbands sitting in one corner with their faces hung down. I could not comprehend what just took place. I coughed to let them know that I was awake.

"Panchali!" Arya Bheem said.

"Arya what happened right now? And how did I land up in my room? I was in the hakim's house and she . . . . . . " I said.

"We know. Bhrata Bheem brought you here. And she told us to convey a message to you" Arjun said.

"What message?" I asked still trying to keep my anger at its top level.

"She told . .. ...... she  . . . . . . to . .told. . . ." before Arjun could complete the sentence, tears started forming in his eyes.

"She told us to tell you that, your and Arjun's child will no longer come to this Earth. It . . It has . .. . Its has died in your stomach" Yudhisthir completed.

"Wha-", I said I could not believe my ears, how could I loose my child? That is why Arya Arjun was not able to say it himself, and that is why all the pandavas hung their head which had always been up with pride till the dyut sabha.

Beneath my feet the wooden floor felt soft, not as much as even a firm carpet, but not right for the stone floor. I moved to the edge of the room, my dress brushing against the mildewed wall. It was hard to make out the details of the room , but after a while I could make out the features of the room. It was the same as it ever was with my husbands standing there. I  staggered backward,my mind swirling, my breaths shallow until I fell in a heap to the floor.

Again when I regained consiousness, I was lying on my bed but the difference was instead of my husbands in the room, it was only govind who sat beside me.

"Govind" I bluttered.

"Sakhi, you woke up? Are you feeling better now?" he asked.

"Govind! Why did this happen to me? What wrong had I done?" I asked tears falling freely from my eyes now.

"It is not your fault Sakhi! It isn't your fault".