Part 57

"Enough, he has had his wishes now he shall get no more freedom, he has gone out of his mind completely today, I am sure he is drunk".

As I was walking towards the hall, I was thinking of all the possible explanations why he would have done so, all explanations to justify him but nothing seemed to come to place at the moment. There was no reason why he would take such a step.

By the time I reached the hall Arya Nakul was knelling on the floor and Yuvraj Duryodhan was throwing his crown on the ground. It was such a horrifying site for anyone, and especially for a wife to see her husband like this. The most handsome man, the best swords man was sitting with these mere servants, I could feel how embarrassed he might have felt at that moment.

But little did I realize that all the eyes of the court had turned to me right when I had entered.

"Drupad Kanya! Why have come here? To see your husbands loose everything?" Said Duryodhan and laughed at his own joke all his brothers laughed at this too.

"No I have come here to stop this game which is full of evil and Dharm Raj is doing no good by playing this" I said.

"You should have thought of this before the game, now you can't stop this thing!" said Dushashan.

"I am the Samragi of the whole Aryavarth and no one can refuse my orders here, not even you Yuvraj Duryodhan"I said.

"But. . But . . you can't stop this game now this is against this rules. right Pitashri?" asked Duryodhan.

"Yes my child, she cannot stop this game right now", said Dhritrashtra. 

I was so shocked at this, I thought that he would have supported me but how could I forget that Duryodhan was his son.

"Draupadi Putri, I order you to leave the court right now" Said Maharaj Dhritrashtra.

I became so furious at this, how could he order me to do that, he very well knew whatever was talking place here was totally cheating still he had the courage to say so.

"I am not bound to accept anyone's orders, Maharaj, I am the Samragi of Aryavarth" I replied as boldly as I could have.

I turned my head to look at my husbands they were all relieved that finally someone had the courage to stop this game.

"Drupad Kanya, you cannot defy the king's orders, you need to act according to him" Duryodhan said really angry as he could see his plan failing.

"I am not going to accept anyone's supremacy on me, I am not going to listen to the king, I am the Samragi of Aryavarth, greater than you and him in post" I said arrogantly

"You...you..." Duryodhan was about to utter something but then Gandhar Raj stopped him to do so.

"Come my child this game can be played no more, until Samrat Yudhisthir orders Samragi to leave the court, but I am sure he will never do that, he is scared of his wife and thinks that if he plays further he will loose, he has doubt on his capabilities, on his dharma! we need to leave" Shakuni had said.

I looked at Arya Yudhisthir, from the look on his face I knew that there was a battle going on in his mind about me and his dharma. And I also knew there was nothing greater than his 'dharma' not even me, not even his brothers, no one.