Part 17

I turned towards him, but turned again towards Govind, I could not go without taking his approval. I joined my hands and greeted him, he smiled in return and nodded his head and smiled. Now I was convinced that I was on the right path. "Shall we go" Arjun asked. "Yeah" I replied.  

We were on the way to his hut, yeah hut even though he was a prince they lived as Brahmans. I decided to play a prank on him and his brother. "So, what is your name?" I asked, "My name.......... why do you want to know my name?""he said hesitantly. "Am I not even allowed to now the name of my future husband?" I asked again. "You have all the right, my name is um.......my name is.......... Someshwar" he said finally after a long pause. "Oh" I said. he was so bad at lying. "How were you able to hit the eye of the fish so easily, where did you learn this art from?" I asked to kill the silence between us. "He learnt it from birth"interrupted his elder brother.

"So, that is why you are so good at it, I thought that you had trained really hard to attain this" I said sarcastically

"So, that is why you are so good at it, I thought that you had trained really hard to attain this" I said sarcastically. "Even if this skill is god gifted, one has to train very hard to maintain  it" he said trying to prove his point. I could see he was enchanted by me. "How far is your hut from here?" I asked impatiently. "Its just very near, but if you want we can pause here for a while" he asked concerned. "No, let's continue if its near"I said really tired.

"Would you not like to confess something, I mean there should be no secrets between husband and wife, you know" I said trying to hear the truth from him. "Confess?........ Uh............ I really don't know how and what to tell you"I said hesitantly. "So, let me do it first" I said "I was...... in love with you the first time I saw you outside the temple" I continued. "Really? You remembered it was me" I asked really surprised. "You don't forget someone when you are on love with them" I said. "That applied on me too, I just could not stop thinking about you all day long, no matter how much I tried. This is all I wanted to confess" he said. "Is it all?" I asked really surprised. "What more do you want?" he said laughing. 

"Would you not confess that you are Arjun and all your other brothers are the four other Pandavas ?" I said at last not able to control myself. "You knew about it?" He asked not able to express any emotion. "Yeah, I just wanted to hear it from you" I said a bit sad. "So listen, I am Arjun, he is Bheem my elder brother and my other brothers Yudhisthir, Nakul and Sahadev are waiting for us near the hut" he said. I was finally satisfied. We reached the hut and saw his brothers waiting for him as he had mentioned. I greeted all of them and they replied back very sweetly.

Arjun asked me if I wanted to enter the hut now or afterwards as their mother Kunti was performing a small pooja and it was about to get over. "Right now" I replied. Had I known what would happen I would have never said it. We entered the hut and saw Mother Kunti doing a small prayer. "See mother what I have brought as bhiksha today" said Arjun very cheerfully referring to me. And what happened after that I would regret all my life.