Part 21

"This is how it all happened Sakhi"he continued. "Everything was destined from before you could do nothing about it, the decision you took to marry all the five Pandavas was pre-planned" he said. I was so shocked to hear all this. It was so surprising to listen to him. Its so strange that things that have happened to you in the previous birth cannot be remembered by you.

It was decided by Ved Vyas that I would marry each one Pandav in one day starting from the eldest i.e. Yudhisthir. He would be the first one I would get married to. So I got ready and went to the mandap with Rukmimi and Satyambha Krishna'a wives. I had heard that he was a polyglot, knowing unusual languages. He was known for his honesty, justice, sagacity, tolerance, good behavior and discernment. I reached there fully dressed and loaded with jewelry this time they were more than the one I had worn at swayamvar. That time I had some how managed to not fall, but this was just too heavy for my body. Both of them held the side of my hand. 

When he came in he looked completely different than before

When he came in he looked completely different than before. He looked like a true king in his royal robes. He came gently and sat down beside me. All his other brothers were sitting with other guests, the other guests included Mother Kunti, Ved Vyas, father, Shikhandini jiji, Dhri, Govind and Mahatma Vidur. The proceedings of the wedding had started and finished. I was going according to the instructions given by the priests. We had to get up for the seven rounds of the fire and Garland exchange ceremony. After that he applied the red powder on my scalp and put the churamani  on my head.

In my room:-

Yudhisthir had seen that I was not really happy as a new wife would have been. "I know you are not very happy in marrying all the five brothers, but as destiny would have it things would have to go according to it" he said."No its............its nothing like that, I was just thinking about something else" I replied. "Really?" he questioned. "Yeah" I said. "So let's sleep, you even have to get up early tomorrow for your marriage with Bheem" he said. I thought we would sleep on the same bed but he said "You can sleep on the bed, I will sleep here" pointing to the couch. "No its alright you can sleep here beside me, I don't have any problem" I said because I really did not have any after all we were husband and wife, some day that would have to happen then why not now. He came and gently lay down beside me. "Can I ask you something, if you don't mind" he asked. "Yes, of course" I said. "Did you go to Hastinapur before in Dushala's wedding" he asked. I nodded. "And over there when I had first met Duryodhan he was not at all like this, but now maybe suddenly has happened to him" I said. "That's what you think, but Duryodhan had always been like that" he replied. "And Angraj Karn, is not like his friend right, of as much I know him he is really different" I asked. "You really think that after rejecting him in your swayamvar?" he asked me. "It was not because I disliked him but because I liked Arjun and there was no other relevant reason to reject him, but for that I feel guilty even now. I think I will surely get the punishment for doing that to him"I replied. "You are right maybe Angraj is not like his friend but he may turn like him anytime, no one knows" he said. And the whole night passed when we were talking about random topics and I did not realize when I fell asleep.