Part 48

Had I know that it would happen so soon I would have stopped it much before. And that was the biggest factor that led to my ruin in the dyut sabha.

That evening Duryodhan, Dushashan, Gandhar raj and Angraj Karn were roaming in the garden outside my window. So basically it was my garden, I knew that Govind had said that nothing in this world is mine but still this garden was my heart's desire. I had asked Vishwakarma while making this palace to make a garden especially for me, which was like none other in the world, he agreed and had made this one.

As I always was attracted by nature, I used to spend most of my free time with my kids in this garden. Sometime my husbands would accompany me but mostly it was me and the garden who were together. This garden was one like no one would have ever seen, the land here was water and the water land. I mean it was nothing ordinary. Sometimes I would fall in my own trap and mistook the water but land and landed up wet from whole tip to toe. But not now I was used to it now.

I was sitting by the window with some of my maids, we were talking and seeing the sunset. 

"Shall I tell you a joke Samragi?" asked one of the maids.

"Yeah sure" I said.

"So one time a man met god and asked for a boon of having an eternal life, so the God said:
'Come forth and you will receive an eternal life' but the man came fifth and won a blunt sword from the contest". she said.

"This one was good" I said.

I could not stop my laughter and a it was getting way too loud, I managed to convert it into a smile, but that was unstoppable now. Suddenly out of no where I heard a loud splash of water which which scared all of us, this never happened to any of the members who lived in the palace as they were used to it, so it had to be someone from outside.

All of us looked down to see it was Duryodhan, who had mistaken the pond for a path. One of my maids commented that,

"The blind son of a blind father".

I smiled at this but just as she commented this all of them looked up anger was in Duryodhan's eyes I knew that he would revenge this insult

I smiled at this but just as she commented this all of them looked up anger was in Duryodhan's eyes I knew that he would revenge this insult. Maybe he thought that I had said that because all of them thought of me as an arrogant woman who cared for no one other than her family and I did not consider them as my family. But that was not true, I had never discriminated anyone. But the way Angraj Karn looked at he showed he was not at all please with me, and this added to the way I had insulted him at my Swayamvar. I did not do anything at purpose. 

I went downstairs as soon as possible because I thought that my apology would make them feel better but I stopped in mid-way thinking, why should I apologize, it was not my fault, it was he who had took it the wrong way. But maybe I should have cleared the misconception between us that prevailed due to the circumstances.

No, why should I he had created the confusion himself so I should not do anything for it. Let it happen as it is going. I don't care, but after that I decided that I should atleast send fresh clothes so that he can change into them. 

After much talking with myself I ordered that maids to send new clothes to him. But the news I received had shocked me for a while.

"Samragi"the maids said "Yuvraj Duryodhan has already left for Hastinapur and was very furious all everything that had happened" she completed.