Part 29

"Enough of this now,I want all of you to go inside the Palace in your rooms and I want no more fighting between anyone. Duryodhan if you do something like that again then you are not going to be left unpunished" said Pitama at the top of his voice warning Duryodhan.

All of us were in Mata Kunti's room, thinking about how to convince everyone to accept that our marriage is with dharm and not against it.

"I think first we should tell Pitama first about the situation and the options that had built up at that time" said Yudhisthir.

"You are right" I said.

"But the question is who will do it?" asked Nakul.

"I will do it, after all its me because of whom this situation arose" I said a little disappointed.

"Don't say that Panchali its not because of you, but if you want to go to Pitama then we are not going to stop you at all, right jesht" said Arjun.  

"Yeah Draupadi you may do as you like" said Bheem and Yudhisthir in unison and both of them laughed after that. I did not get how they managed to laugh in such a situation also.

Later that day I went to Pitama's room but came to know that he was not present there and had gone out by the river ganga

Later that day I went to Pitama's room but came to know that he was not present there and had gone out by the river ganga. Maybe he had gone to meet his mother. I called for the chariot and it took me by the river. I stopped it some distance before we reached the river bed and asked him to return.

When I neared the river I could see Pitama praying and chanting some prayers. I went by his side and waited him to finish his prayers. He finished them and without opening his eyes he said:

"What do you want now? Actually what is left that I can give you".

"I just wanted to clear the misconception between us" I said as softly as I could.

"Clear out the misconception? I don't want to clear out any misconception. You did what you wanted to do now its my time, and I don't want to listen to you now" he said angrily.

 You did what you wanted to do now its my time, and I don't want to listen to you now" he said angrily

"Please listen to me Mahamahim Bhishma" I said.

"The situation did not have a better solution" I continued.

"What had happened that you took such a big decision in a hurry" he said.

"Arjun had won me swayamvar and took me to his hut with him. But Mata Kunti had divided me between her four children without even looking behind and when she got to know that what she had said she asked me to marry Arjun while all others would go to exile for the rest of their lives. How could I let the Pandavas get divided?" I said explaining him everything.

"You should have told me before about it, it was you who had to go through all the pains and sacrifices and now you will have to do that all your life and its all because of my daughter-in-law Kunti and her children" he said realizing the situation

"Its because of no one and I would not blame anyone for it. All of it was destined in my previous birth" I said. After that I told the story of my previous birth to him which Govind had narrated to me.

"From now onwards I consider your marriage according to dharm and will always support you with it" he said proudly. Then he allowed me to touch his feet and gave me his blessings. We returned to Hastinapur on his chariot. It felt so good to be accepted by somebody.  

                             ***********************************************************

Draupadi finally convinced Pitama Bhishma and he agreed to her decision and considered her really brave to handle the situation correctly. 

Hope you liked the chapter and please comment and vote for it. 

Can I get 10-12 votes for this chapter and 7 comments?