Part 11

"If you both are destined to meet you will surely meet before your swayamvar" he said still smiling. I was very eager to meet him, because I wanted to meet my future husband. What if I did not like him? What if even he was like the other princes if Hastinapur. 

My father had agreed for the swayamvar and it was to be held in the next fourteen days. I was told by my mothers that I had to visit the Shiv temple everyday, until the day of my marriage and except that I was not allowed to step out of my room. These rules were proving to be very strict. I was also stopped from practicing the warfare. I wanted to learn to use more weapons. But however these small rules could not stop me. At night I used to still get trained by Shikhandini about using the dagger nowadays. I could now even shoot a arrow blindfolded at a target.

Now I  was forced to go to the temple, to pray to god to give me a good husband, I found it useless because everyone knew that I was going to marry Arjun. Even my father had devised such a task for my swayamvar that only the best archer of the world could do it.

While going to the temple I was on the palanquin and was very excited. What if I met him? How could I face him? And what would happen if even after seeing him I did not recognize him? Would he be dressed like a prince? I had so many questions in my mind. Govind's description of Arjun had already made me fall in love with him. All day I could not think about anything but him. As I was walking towards the temple his thoughts clouded my mind. When I reached there I turned towards the idol of lord Shiv and prayed with all my heart and mind to get him as my husband.Then after the prayer was finished, I was to serve food to all the Brahmans as it was considered holy and you got peace of mind and body.

I had started serving the Brahmans when I noticed that I saw six people who did not come everyday. I noticed them because they totally were dressed like Brahmans but there was something unusually strange about them. I could not explain what something was wrong. 

As they sat at the last, I went to them after serving everyone

As they sat at the last, I went to them after serving everyone. It was now I noticed that the woman with them seemed like their mother. When I bent to serve them I saw their handsome faces more closely. They were all very young men and the one who sat at the last with the most handsome features, won my heart instantly. I was wondering about Arjun's description which Krishna had told me. I thought he would have looked the same if he had long beard and hairs and clothes of bark. I had turned back and was going to serve the other Brahmans for their second serve when the most muscular man among them asked " Could you give me a second serve, lady, if it doesn't bother you?". "Sure" I said, turning back to him. While I was serving him, I saw that the one who had won my heart staring at me. When I looked towards his direction he quickly averted his gaze. 

That day was very hectic for me and also the most memorable of my life till now. I was very curious as I returned to the palace, I immediately ordered a portrait of prince Arjun, as I could not wait to compare the two faces. After sometime the portrait came and as it was kept down I hurriedly unveiled it.

This portrait was so similar to his face,after doing a detailed analysis, I was convinced that both of them were the same people

This portrait was so similar to his face,after doing a detailed analysis, I was convinced that both of them were the same people. The only thing left was confirming it from Govind. I thought before I asked it from him I should draw the picture of the prince in how I saw him. After trying for a long time I understood that drawing was not my cup of tea. I just tried to remember his face in my mind and thought that was enough

If he was Arjun, I was sure that the others would have been the four pandavas and their mother Kunti

If he was Arjun, I was sure that the others would have been the four pandavas and their mother Kunti. But what were they doing here in this forest? If they were alive then why did they not go back to their kingdom? What could possibly have been the reason that they decided to stay in the forest? Many questions came in my mind and the answer to them could only be given by one person and that was Govind.

                                                                  ********************************

This chapter is a bit shorter than the others, but I hope you like it. Do drop your comments about it.