Part 30

don't play song yet

                          ~Grayson's POV~
"mom, i need to go get Nate a birthday present before all the shops close down because of this stupid virus." Bailey said as she walked into the living room where me, Bella, Avery, and Lea were laying.

"okay, we'll leave in about an hour." Bailey nodded her head and ran back upstairs.

"i want all of you to come as well. this might be the last time we will be able to get out for a while." Bella said. i nodded my head and stood up.

"we gotta start getting the kids ready now or we won't be ready in an hour." she giggled and stood up as well.

"Lea, go put on the yellow dress you got for Christmas and tell Hadley to put on her pink one." she shook her head and went to her room.

"will you put Avery in some clothes while i go shower?" she asked. i nodded my head and took Avery. i followed her up the stairs as we went our separate ways as she went to our bedroom and i went to Caleb and Avery's room.

~~~

"grab the stroller Gray." Bella said as we got out at the mall. i took the stroller out of the trunk that has 2 seats for Caleb and Avery. it used to be the twins but eventually they got older and could walk on their own.

i strapped both of them in and Hadley walked beside me as Lea walked on the other side of me.

Bailey and Tyler walked beside Bella and soon, we were inside the mall.

"mom, me and Ty are going to walk around. we'll meet you at the food court in an hour?"

"yeah but stay together and if dad or i call you better answer." they nodded their heads before walking off.

"mommy, hold me." Bella lifted Hadley up and carried her as we walked around. they have a little section where you can buy groceries and that's where Bella wanted to go.

~~~

"it's hooooooooooooot." Lea complained as we were walking back to the car. Bella pressed the button for traffic to stop as we made it to the cross walk.

"we can go get ice cream before we go home." Bella said as she moved the hair from her face. as we were waiting, loud gunshots went off.

i pulled the small gun out that i had in my back pocket, that i always carry around especially when we go in public.

i looked around and didn't see anyone. i heard Bailey let out a loud scream. i turned around and saw Bella on the ground, with blood pouring from her stomach.

"no no no no no." i whispered as i ran to her side. i sat on the ground and held her in my lap.

"Tyler! call Ethan!" i yelled. i would take her to the hospital but Bella absolutely hates them. we made our own at the warehouse that has doctors that are 10 times better than the ones in town.

"stay with me angel. they'll be here soon." i said as tears came from her eyes. her breathing became slow and her eyes closed.

"no Bella! i need you, the kids need you!" i yelled. her breathing stopped and her body stopped moving.

"Bella. please wake up." i tried shaking her as tears fell from my own eyes. i held her close, not caring i have her blood all over me.

soon, Ethan pulled up and we all piled in. i held Bella and Hadley started to cry as well, seeing her mom just got shot.

"no princess, mommy wouldn't want us to cry. okay?" she nodded her head and Tyler pulled her into a hug. he kissed the top of her head as she continued to cry.

i was trying my hardest to cry but it's hard. if i cry, all the kids will get worried so i stayed strong.

~~~ play song

"i'm sorry boss." the doctor said as he walked out of the surgery room. i shook my head.

"no. she can't be gone! that's Bella we're talking about. she's supposed to be here, in my arms, for me, the children, our family!" i yelled. he shook his head and i fell to the ground.

i felt two arms wrap around and i saw my mom.

"what're you doing here?" i asked confused.

"Emma told us what happened. we got the first flight over as soon as we heard." i wrapped my arms around her and cried into chest.

"it's okay baby." she said as she rubbed my back.

"no! it's not okay. my wife just died. i'll never get to hold her, kiss her, hug her, tell her i love her ever again." i cried harder. she rocked us back and forth and kissed my forehead.

"daddy?" i looked and saw Lea. gosh the kids. how do i tell them their moms dead? i pulled away from my mom and she ran into my arms.

"can we see mommy now?" i shook my head no and kissed her forehead. i picked her up and held her tight. i walked over to the rest of the kids.

"guys, you need to know... you're moms gone." i said.

"wha- what?" Bailey asked with tears filling her eyes. i shook my head yes and she broke down. Tyler ran to her side and she cried into his chest.

"she can't be" she cried. more tears fell from my eyes and i looked at Ethan. i saw he was crying as well as Emma.

~~~

i tied my tie as i looked at myself in the mirror. today is Bella's funeral. i wanted to have it as soon as possible so we decided to have it today.

"daddy, i need help." i turned and saw Hadley.

"i need you to curl my hair and mommy always helps me." i sighed and walked over to her.

"go ask Bailey for help princess. daddy doesn't know how to do that and i don't want to end up burning you." she nodded her head and ran off.

i looked at myself one last time before walking out to make sure everyone is getting ready.

~~~

Bella Grace Dolan. Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, and Friend.

her grave said. i felt a tear prickle down my cheek. i turned around and saw Hadley was crying, along with all the other kids.

Ethan walked up to me and pulled me into a hug. i cried into his shoulder and patted my back.

"she can't be gone. she was supposed to stay and watch all the kids grow up. we were supposed to grow old and watch our grandchildren." i whispered. he nodded his head and i saw a tear fall from his cheek.

"she's not really gone Gray. i know she's watching over you and the kids." i nodded my head and pulled away.