⚜Chapter 28⚜

A Map of Moments

❇❇❇❇

Family does not always make you happy. In fact, sometimes it drives you crazy. But at the end of the day, you can always count on your family to be there for you, irrespective of blood relations.

❇❇❇❇

Isabelle glared at her mate as she stood in front of him crossing her arms on her chest, "Did you seriously bring them here? What is wrong with you?" She hissed, sparing a glance towards her twin.

"Exactly my question." Niklaus chided staring at his brother pointedly.

"Sister, you don't have to be wary of us," Alec stated in a heavy voice as he tried not to let himself be overwhelmed after seeing his twin. She simply gave him a cold stare.

"Isa," Elijah began, "I know what you must be thinking, but-"

"No, Elijah. You do not know what I am thinking because I am thinking of the million ways to kick your ass right now." She deadpanned making him gulp as he closed his mouth.

"I'll help." Kol chimed in from where he now stood, flanking the noirette. Elijah shot his youngest brother a heated glare.

"I think they have information that would help our twins." Elijah tried to reason making Isabelle narrow her eyes at him.

"You and I can protect our kids just fine, Elijah." She muttered before turning to look at Magnus and her brother, "You two are fools if you think I will believe anything you have to say." She spat.

Magnus sighed, shaking his head, "When the fuck did she get that paranoid?" He jested to his husband making Isabelle growl as she pushed her hand forward and Magnus was sent to his knees choking on air.

Alec looked at Isabelle alarmed as he tried to help the man he loved, "Rori, let him go!" He screamed but Isabelle only diverted her powers towards him as he dropped beside Magnus and they both screamed in torturous pain.

"Do you know that pure angelic magic is lethal to warlocks?" She snarled as she gave them multiple aneurysms.

"Rori, don't do this..." Magnus managed to utter out as he clawed at his throat because she had cut off their oxygen supply.

Elijah shook his head as he carefully slid behind his mate and placed his hand on her forearm, "Isa, leave the poor men, please." He whispered softly as he tried to get her to release her magic.

"Sure."

Elijah looked surprised to hear the word but he tilted his face to find a devilish glint in her eyes just before she flicked her wrist and the Lightwoods collided with a wall before falling on the marbled floor in pain.

Elijah shook his head at her dramatic antics.

Magnus and Alec groaned and gasped as they tried to catch their breaths and stand up again, "Are you done?" Alec asked dusting off his black leather jacket.

She gave him a blank stare, "Would you like me to end your existence?" She questioned as she threateningly bared her blue eyes before they shifted back to brown.