31

Courtney's p.o.v

"Where were you guys?" Victoria asked as soon as we walked into the house.

"We went out, why?" Frankie said while pulling me inside

I avoid eye contact with Victoria, she's my bestfreind and she can read me like a book.

If I look at her and she figures out anything we are so dead

"Oh well Ari and Joan are lookin for y'all." She said smirking, making my stomach twist.

"This is your fault." I whisper to Frankie as we follow Vic into the kitchen.

"Mom, you wanted to see us?" Frankie asks, sitting at the table.

I stand up at the side, playing with my fingers nervously.

We are gonna be in so much trouble.

"Yes. Where were you guys?" Joan asked calmly.

Sholud she be this calm?

Just then Kim, Nonna, Ed, Scooter and everyone else walks in and stare at us.

"We just went for a drive." Frankie lied, taking out his phone.

"Give me that." Ed says snatching it from his hand.

I laugh then look at Ari. She gave me a bitch you better speak the fuck up look then turned to her mom.

"Where we you Frankie? I'm not gonna ask you again." Joan says rasing her voice.

"We went out, just needed some air." I say.

"At one am. and you needed the jet?" Ariana folded her arms.

Man, now we are so dead at this point

"I- umm. Just know that everything was Frankie's idea." I say.

He looked at me wide eyed then stuck up his middle finger.

"FRANKIE JAMES MICHAEL GRANDE MARCHIONE! Where did you go?" Nonna said

I have never seen her this mad ever in all the years of knowing her

"We invited three friends from New York then did some stuff." He said

Oh how smart, 'some stuff' what the fuck

"What kind of stuff would you have to do so late?" Vic asked

"Well we went to buy some snacks and shit then at five am we did what we had to do." He says

Did what we had to do?

Boy what the fuck is that excuse

"And what might that be." Ed said, standing up infront of me knowing his son would stall as much as he could no matter what

"We went and talked to Dalton." I say shaking nervously.

Ari's eyes snap up to meet mine and they have a mix of anger, sandess and something else

"So you guys just spoke to him?" Kim asked, not believing anything.

"yes'' ''no.'' Frankie and I say the exact time.

"Ok, so why don't you just tell us what happened."

"So what you mean to tell me is that my son and his bestfriend called three people from New york, flew them to Boca at one in the morning. Went to 'talk' to Dalton but he showed up with two men. Then Frankie shot Dalton because he was saying shit about my daughter and your friend shot the other two, just because, then you guys called an ambulance, left the scene, flew them back and burned all the evidence." Joan said putting her hands on her head.

"That sounds like some serial killer shit." Vic said

Ariana runs up to me and I'm waiting for her to slap me but she just hugged me and started crying.

"I love you guys, you know that right?"

I nod and smile.

"You're my bestfriend and I know you would do the same for me." I say.

The adults start making noise tho, saying what if we got caught and blah blah blah.

Kim pouts and walks away.

"Girl what's got your panties in a twist?" I ask grabbing her arm.

"I wanted to shoot him." She says crossing her arms

Ariana and I burst out laughing.

"My cute tiny baby." Ari said pinching her cheeks only for her to swat her hand away.

"Well I don't know about you guys but I'm hungry." Doug said opening the fridge.

"Don't drink my soda you motherfucker!" Kim yelled, pulling her drink out of Doug's hand.

Some things never really do change